Life of Wishes ~ Chapter Ten

“Sorry,” I muttered as I stepped into Kyle’s room the next morning. I had been hoping he wouldn’t be in here. My hair was a mess and I was still wearing my pyjamas.

Whenever I was upset, I took really long showers. But They always yelled at me if I was in the shower longer than ten minutes. So that’s why I was here, to wish up a shower and stand under it until my fingers resembled raisins. But I had thought for some reason that Kyle wouldn’t be here.

I made to go back through the white door to my room, but Kyle’s voice stopped me.

“Come sit. I promise I don’t bite.”

“I was actually going to wish up a shower. That’s what I do when I’m depressed,” I explained.

“Be my guess.” He gestured to the nothingness surrounding us.

I went back into my room to grab clothes. Once I was back in Kyle’s Room, I made a replica of my bathroom at home including the walls.

I don’t know how long I spent in the shower, but when I came out my skin was red from the heat of the water and my toes were completely wrinkled.  

I dried off and towel dried my hair I didn’t like using blow driers. I bundled up my clothes and made the bathroom disappear around me. I threw the clothes through the door to my room and joined Kyle.

“You’re hot,” Kyle said looking up suddenly.

“What?” I wasn’t sure if I had heard him right or not.

“I can actually feel the heat radiating off of you,” Kyle elaborated.

“I like hot showers,” I said sheepishly.

Kyle nodded and slid me the plate of toast. I made peanut butter appear and took the top slice of toast. When I took it another appeared to take its spot so that the toast pyramid was never broken.

“Have you been in your Room yet?” Kyle asked suddenly.

“No. I’m scared,” I said embarrassed.

“I’ll go with you after you eat. In case things go wrong I can help you out.”

“Seriously? You’d do that?” Kyle nodded.

I shoved the last of the toast in my mouth and poured in my glass of milk to dissolve it some.

“Done. Let’s go,” I said standing up.

“I thought you were scared,” Kyle teased also standing up.

“I am. But if there’s something dangerous, I’ll just shove you in front of me so that I don’t die,” I said honestly.

“Good idea,” He said sarcastically. “We should go in through your bedroom. If there’s someone in you’re Room, they don’t know about the connecting door and I want to keep it that way.”

“What do you mean ‘someone in there’, I would have seen them if someone was in there!”

“Yeah but if it’s a monster, I don’t want it terrorizing me too.”

“Where is Nathan and Mollie?” I realized that they weren’t around.

“They were doing research in the spirit world to find out what the monster in the closet is.”

I smacked Kyle’s arm playfully. “Very creative pun there,” I said sarcastically. He bowed gratefully to my fake approval.

“Come let’s go,” I said. I grabbed his arm and a second later we were in my bedroom.