Life of Wishes ~ Chapter Two

The next day I barely minded when Mother sent me to my room for some other make believe reason that only made sense in her head. I was happy for a reason to slip back into the Room of Desires.

Before I went in again, I forced myself to read the guide book. So I wouldn’t completely be caught off guard again.

I sat on my bed facing the wall so I wouldn’t be tempted by my closet. Or more specifically, what was in my closet.

The guide book told me pretty much the same thing Mollie had.

In the Room of Desires, the Dreamers greatest wishes could come true. A Dreamer entered their Room through a Dream Catcher, the small mouse door.

In a Room, the Dreamer could wish for anything they wanted and it could come true within the limits of the Room. Things manifested or wished into the Room, could not survive the travel back into the mortal world. All things must stay in the Room.

Objects from the mortal world could travel into the Room and out, but it didn’t work the other way around. Items from the mortal world could be wished into the Room for use there, but it would not become a permanent fixture there unless the Dreamer wished it to be.

There were almost no boundaries to the wishes made inside the Room. The only limitations were that another person could not be wished into the room, wishes could not be made affecting another’s life or thoughts and inanimate objects could not be given all the traits of a person. Objects could be given only a limited amount of personality traits. Items could be granted the gift of sight and speech and others, but never the gift of breath.

A pet can be wished into a Room, but it will be an undead animal. You cant wish someone or thing life.

In the Room of Desires, the dreamer could wish objects to them, or they could wish them self to a place. Even if they’ve never been to the place they wish to go, the place will appear to them exactly how it is presently. They only difference between the dream place and the real place is that the dream place will not have another living person.

All injuries acquired in in the Room, will not go away once the Dreamer leaves the Room. That is why each wish needs to be made carefully. It is also the reason for each Dreamer to have an I.F.

Each Dreamer was assigned an I.F. An I.F. is a person that had been a Dreamer themselves in their past life and were back now to help other Dreamers through their Rooms. I.F.s could not make wishes in the Rooms because the Rooms weren’t theirs, but they were allowed three wishes per Dreamer for emergencies.

I.F.s could ask a Dreamer to wish them something, but I.F.s didn’t need anything. In the Rooms, only living people could make wishes.   Meaning, a Dreamer could bring other living people into the Room if they wanted to. But without the Dreamer’s permission it is impossible to gain access to a Room.

A Room of Desires appears to a Dreamer when their life slowly starts to end. Most times not ending as in dying, but ending as in they cant live their life their way. If someones freedom is taken away from them, they get access to a Room to gain and learn what they wouldn’t be able to normally.

I had skimmed through the parts I had already known. The Room of Desires concept was actually pretty smart. If someone wanted to go to school but their parents wouldn’t let them, they could learn right in their own room. If someone was constantly tossed aside as unimportant by their parents, then they could get what they were deprived.

I tossed the book down onto the bed next to me and made my way to the closet. I opened the Dream Catcher and stepped through without even wincing this time. It felt more natural than I thought it would be so soon.