Life of Wishes ~ Chapter Four

“Okay my Room or yours?” I looked up startled as Kyle sat next to me on the bus on the way home the next day.

“I don’t care,” I said shrugging.

“Cool I’ll show you mine then.”

“Doesn’t it look exactly like mine?” I pointed out.

“Good point. Let’s go to yours so we don’t have to crawl under my bed.”

“Yeah I like to keep all dust out of my hair. So when did Nathan show up last night?” I went back into my Room last night and couldn’t find Mollie.

“Nathan came back around eight-ish. So they must have talked for a while. I think they went to the I.F. realm because Nathan said he hadn’t even heard me calling him.”

“Well you cant expect him to stick around all the time.”

“I’m sorry. Did you just say I.F.?” A pretty dark blonde said turning around in the seat in front of us. “Like as in Imaginary Friend?”

I glanced at Kyle. He shrugged and for once kept his mouth shut. “Uh yeah,” I said.

“You guys are Dreamers too?” She asked excitedly. We both nodded. “I’m Alice by the way. Are you guys going to a Room now?”

“Yeah. Would you like to come?” I asked. This was an exciting week. I get a Room and it looks like two friends.

“That would be great, thanks!”

So when we got to my house, Kyle, Alice and I all went into my room. They stood behind me as I opened the Dream Catcher and followed me into the nothingness.

“Oh! Can we go swimming? Please I haven’t been in forever!” Alice asked jumping up and down.

“Sure I don’t see why not,” I said. I closed my eyes briefly and when I opened them a full pool complete with diving boards and slides and everything else you could only dream of in a pool.

“Wish up your own suits,” I said grabbing the one I had wished up for myself. I headed off to the change room furthest on the left. I had dreamed us each a change room.

I was the first one changed. So I sat on the edge of the pool and dangled my feet into the pool waiting for the others.

“Mind if we join?” Mollie asked. Her and Nathan suddenly in the deep end of the pool.

“Yeah the more the better,” I called out to her. “Hey Nathan,” I said to him.

“Hey Annabelle. I’m assuming Kyle’s around here somewhere. Didn’t even bother going to his Room to check,” Nathan called back to me. “You should have heard the way he was talking about you last night. It was all Annabelle this, Annabelle that. Blah, blah, blah.”

“Yeah he’s around somewhere,” I said laughing.

“Oh wow,” Mollie said cringing. Nathan’s jaw dropped, his eyes focused on something behind me. I turned to see Kyle strutting towards me wearing only a speedo.

“No. No, go change,” I said getting up.

“Aw come on. You’re wearing a bikini, why cant I wear this?” Kyle complained.

“Change, or I will send you and your I.F. home,” I threatened, putting my hands on his chest and forcing him back in the direction he had come from.

“Go change Kyle!” Mollie called at the same time Nathan said “Better change man!”

“See? They agree with me. Go change. Now,” I said giving him one last shove.