Chapter 39 - The Start of Something New

Start from the beginning

"My mom could," he suggested. "Or, you know, the nanny you spent weeks interviewing and using government resources check up on."

Amelia smirked. "Not even a traffic ticket, sometimes working for the Vegas PD has its perks."

"I have yet to experience that," he remarked as he took Alice from Amelia to feed her.

"Any perks for you would put me in a jail cell, Jackson."

He nodded and laughed a bit. "I'll keep you as the perk then."

"I have to get moving," she slipped out of bed as Jax continued feeding Alice. "I have shopping to do for tonight. Can I steal the prospects?" She asked, getting dressed.

"Take Sack and Juice, the other kids are too new, I still want to keep my eyes on em'."

Amelia smiled and nodded, leaning on the edge of the bed to kiss his cheek. "When is Gemma getting here?"

"She's already here," he grimaced. "I thought she could take Alice today since we're both so busy."

"Jackson," Amelia growled. "You need to stop holding shit back." Even though the club had decided, with Clay's pushing, that all the dangers could be attributed to the ex-Mayans, Amelia knew better.

"Hey, I didn't know until a little while ago." He said defensively.

"I have to, don't I?"

He nodded. "She hasn't seen Alice in weeks, she isn't coming for the party, she's coming for her granddaughter."

"Fine." Amelia had an idea as to how she could be sure her daughter was safe.

Kissing both Jax and Alice she left the bedroom and raced to Juice's apartment. It was early but she didn't care. Pounding on his door she waited about five minutes before a half naked and sleepy Juice opened the door with his gun in hand.

"What?"

"I need you to help me spy on Gemma." She stepped in and slapped his ass. "Come on, wake up and get with it Juicy, we've got work to do."

--

As Mae turned into the cul-de-sac Amelia was stopped at the stop sign. She panicked, awkwardly trying to hide her face, until they passed each other. Parking, she felt her heart rate speed up with excitement, only minutes after she'd gotten it to return to normal, just thinking of seeing Opie again.

Leaving her bags in the car she hurried inside, using the key he'd given her right after he made settlement as a symbol of his commitment, and found him eating what looked like overly dry eggs and burnt toast.

"That looks gross." She said tossing her purse on the table. "Come here, I have something better for you."

Opie didn't care about her comment, he flew up from the table and charged at her. He kissed her, forcefully, and engulfed her as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Goddamn, I missed you." He groaned.

"I missed you too," she giggled and pushed him back. Tugging her hoodie up over her head and shimming out of her yoga pants Mae revealed an expensive and uncomfortable, but incredibly sexy, bra and panty set she'd gotten just for the occasion.

With a raspy chuckle he grinned. "I love it." Opie's bright expression fell as he tried to figure out how she'd even gotten it on. "Hope that didn't cost you much," he grumbled grabbing her roughly. "And if it did I don't care." Perching her on the edge of the table he pulled the knife from his pants and cut the bra off.

"It was crazy expensive," she moaned as he sucked on her neck. "The weird strappy type fancy ones always are."

"Sorry," he said hooking his thumbs under the elastic of her panties teasingly. "No, I'm actually not."