Chapter 4 - The Past Has a Way of Creeping Up

I borrowed a character from CSI Las Vegas for this chapter! I actually wrote my first fan fiction about that show! Hope you enjoy! Xo

--

"We're here," Amelia sighed as she dropped back onto the bed. "Juice is nice, good with Alice. We're just going to eat and hang out I think. I'll meet tomorrow evening with my supervisor."

Jax headed from the clubhouse toward the row of bikes on his way home. "You're not leaving her with him are you?" There was a touch of concern in his voice. "He's kind of an ass with some shit, goofy dude."

Glancing out into the small living type area of the room, Amelia saw him feeding Alice, clearly anxious, but doing a surprisingly good job. "No, I'd never, but give him some credit. He's not an idiot, Jax."

"You give credit to too many people." He groaned. "What about tomorrow?"

"Meeting up with friends." She said casually. "We're going for dinner before they start their shift. I can't go in until the graveyard starts so I'll just take Alice out, sight see and shit, then deal with that stuff."

Listening, Jax didn't mind the plan especially since Juice was there. "Alright, good. I gotta go babe, talk soon."

"Alright, be careful."

"Always, love you."

"Love you too."

Jax smiled to himself as he mounted his bike his attention only pulled away as Opie shouted after him. Looking up he saw Tara as she drove her father's Cutlass up toward TM. He cursed, his smile falling, and shook his head.

"Brother," Opie called as he jogged over, never noticing Tara behind them.

Jax had heard she was back in Charming and hoped for his relationship's sake any run-ins would be rare to nonexistent but she seemed to have another idea. Amelia would flip if she knew the two had even made eye contact and Jax was insistent the relationship work. He loved his fiancée, the mother of his child, and he wouldn't let a fling from his childhood destroy that.

"You see Clay?"

"Nah, what's up?"

Looking disappointed, Opie shook his head. "Donna's giving me shit, I was going to see if I could skip the run tonight."

"I'll take it." Jax offered. "Meels is gone and she hates that overnight shit so I'll grab the extra cash while I can."

"Thanks man." Opie looked distraught, miserable, and Jax couldn't shake the fear he felt for his best friend.

"Things still tough?" Jax turned off his engine and lit a cigarette. "I told Meels she should call Donna, talk to her, but she's still getting used to this shit herself."

"Yeah, sure that ain't easy." Rolling his eyes, Opie nodded understanding better than Jax how his sister was feeling, and took the cigarette he was offered. "Ever since I got out," he sighed, "She just hates the MC."

"Donna was never a big fan," Jax added as if Opie didn't know. From the corner of his eye he saw Tara spot him, she attempted a wave but Jax kept his eyes on Opie. Even if he had time to strike up a conversation he didn't need Ope on his back about it.

"But now she wants me to earn straight," he admitted. "She's pushing it hard, Jax."

"We all get a legal check. I spent most of my damn day inside that Honda's engine block." His thumb jutted back toward TM.

"And the rest of the week?"

Jax grinned and shrugged. "You gotta do what's best for your family right now, Ope."