"Who in the hell told you that" He stared hard into my eyes while his once relaxed features turned into anger. His silver eyes now almost looked black. My mouth couldn't form any words as I was shocked and frightened.

"Answer me" He demanded.

"My boss told me" I managed to spit out. He released his grip on my face and stood back. My jaw ached thanks to his hands.

"Does anyone else know of us" The way he said us made my fear slam back into my heart like a bus.

"Not that I'm aware of" I lied. Lorie was the first one to tell me. Even though technically she didn't tell me if it was a supposed rumor. He gave me one final look before walking away, disappearing into the crowd. I let out the breath I was holding. I looked around the room and was thankful to see no saw that little episode.

I didn't know whether to be afraid or horrified.

I slowly backed out the room until I reached the door and slipped out.

...

I was pacing back and forth in the hallway leading to Mr.Defeo's office contemplating whether to tell him what happened. By the way the man reacted after I told him I knew who they were, I wasn't supposed to know.

I was going to turn around and leave but the sound of yelling stopped me. I recognized those two voices though I couldn't tell what they were saying as they were muffled by the door. Creeping closer, the words got clearer and the language got dirtier.

"YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA YOU HAVE SOME RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" I could tell that was Mr.Defeo's by the whine in his voice sounded, almost like a younger sibling being scolded by an older one.

"You broke omerta Marcus" The other man said, his voice hard.

"Aiden is not an authority figure and she does not know what goes on in the mafia therefore she cannot interfere with legal actions or crimes therefore I have not broken omerta."

I took some tiny steps forward at the mention of my name.

"Marcus, you have put us in danger so many times. You opened this restaurant saying you would lay low for a while but then you turn right around and tell one of you're employees that we're a mafia group! If I didn't know you truly I would say you're a rat. You don't know if she's going to run to the authorities or not."

"You have nothing to worry about Alvaro. I'll make sure she keeps her mouth closed." Mr. Defeo's voice sounded reassuring.

Make sure I keep my mouth closed? If he puts even one finger on me I'm putting five to his face. How is he going to get mad at me when he's the one that told me.

"Just remember Marcus, if you try something like that again, I can kill you in nine different ways." Alvaro said, ending the conversation with the threat hanging in the air.

I heard footsteps start walking towards the door and I immediately panicked. Looking for the nearest thing to hide in I found a door and ran into it almost tripping in the process.

It was a janitors closet. The smell of bleach invaded my nose and almost caused me to cough but I heard his office door open and held it in.

"Remember what I said Marcus" Alvaro said. " I need to get out of here." I heard his footsteps retreating.

...

When I finally thought it was safe to come out of the closet, which was ten minutes later, I found the hallway lights turned off. Pulling my phone from my bra I realized it was 10:53. Closing time.

Finding myself in front of the room again I noticed it was much quieter now, almost like no one was in it. I pushed the door open to find the room in the original manner it was before they decided to throw a party except it was clean. No plates, chairs pushed in, no sign of anything here.

These people must be ninja maids or something.

I went to the table to make sure everything was in place and to look for any tips left behind. I was sure nothing would be left but I saw green and I grew excited. What I found almost made my heart stop. At each chair there were crispy $100 dollar bills. I couldn't believe it.

After reaching the the 30th chair I had a wad of $3000 dollars in my hand. I've never held so much cash in my hands before. When I came to the chair at the head of the table I saw an envelope with my name written on it in cursive. He must have left it.

Only when I grabbed it did I notice it was kind of busty. I was hesitant to open it but eventually I did.

The first thing I saw was a note scribbled in red ink.

Thank you for the dance sweetheart. I've always loved black goddesses. This should help you with any troubles. Just don't spend it all in one place sweetheart. ;)

Spend all of what in one place? Putting the note back on the table my eyes widened and the money held in my hands felt like nothing compared to what I saw.

Now I understood why the envelope was so busty. In it was $10,000 dollars.

****************************

Hey beauties :)

Man I haven't updated this book since last year. BOOM THERE IT IS!!!

Whoo! That has to be the longest chapter I've written so far. Hope you enjoyed it though.

I've been reading yall's comments and ya'll are hilarious.

STORY TIME!!

So I was in kmart the other day with my friend and both of us are black and were just messing around and we started whipping (the dance) and this white girl came up to me and said "You're being blacker than you usually are." Wtf does that mean. Like I am black, how much blacker can I get?!?! She really shouldn't have said that and then she started whipping and said the one thing that made me tick. First she asked me if i listened to riff raff. I said no so this was her response.

"I'm blacker than you" I tried telling her how she was wrong for saying that but she didn't want to listen to me and she "playfully" hit me on the shoulder. Hard.

And that people is how I got thrown out of kmart for smacking someone with a flashlight.

I'm not sorry though.

STORY TIME OVER.

So i really hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Just one question. Am I describing things good enough? I feel like I'm not giving enough description and it's taking away the effect the chapter supposed to have. So please let me know what I can do to make this book more.....bookable.

So please

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

BYE.

P.S. I will be dedicating the next chapter to some people because they're like little carrots. so cute.