Divine 5

My breathing stopped once I recognized that voice as the one that belonged to the man at the head of the table. The music in the room seemed to grow louder and the bass heavier as I stood there with his chest pressed against my back. I was stuck between the door and his body as my fear grew. I could feel him breathing as his chest rose and fell slowly.

"Where are you going" He asked, his voice vibrating in his chest along with the music sending shivers down my back.

I didn't say a word but almost let a squeal escape my mouth as he slowly turned me around with his other hand as the other still stayed in its place over my head. I looked straight ahead and was met with a perfectly tied crimson tie. I slowly lifted my head, passing his thick neck and bulging adams apple, his 5 o'clock shadow and finally meeting the two things that made me lose my train of thought.

His silver eyes looked even more menacing in the dark lights yet they looked so light and clear. I felt naked under his harsh glare. I could almost see a amusement in his eyes as I squirmed but I wasn't sure of it.

" Are you going to deny me a dance with such a black beauty such as yourself" He finally said, smoke flowing out his mouth almost like fog, hitting me in the face.

"Uh, sorry Sir but I need to get back to work" I said, cursing myself for the way my voice broke in the middle of the sentence. Could you really blame me.

He slowly took one step back, letting fresh air rush into my nose, only to take two more steps forward pressing his chest against my chest. Well, more like chest to face. I turned my head to the side as I struggled to get out of his hard grip. One of his cold hands made their way down to my clenched ones and took my fist into his. I wanted to yank my hand out of his but remembered who this man was.

He relaxed my fingers. Looking into my eyes he bent down and kissed the top of my hand, his lips felt so soft compared to his hands. He made such a simple and innocent display of affection so seductive and dangerous.

"All I ask of you is one dance" He said once again.

I could not conjure any words at the moment and he took my silence as consent as he slowly pulled me away from the door and further into the room. Going into the sea of people I couldn't help but feel claustrophobic as the bodies pressed closer. Even though I knew it was not a club it felt like it. I've never understood the hype over clubs and parties. The alcohol and the crowded spaces just doesn't seem like fun to me. I was brought out of my thoughts when he stopped abruptly and turned around.

His hand made their way to my waist as I just stood there with my arms limp at my side. I could tell he was getting frustrated with my lack of participation so he pulled my hands up to wrap his neck.

" I'm glad you decided to dance with me." He said, starting to sway. " Not like you had a say in this anyway" He finished pressing us even closer I could feel something bulging in his pants against my thigh. Is that a gun or is he truly glad I danced with him.

I still couldn't fathom that I was this close to a man of the mafia. I've read books and did some research of my own about the mafia but it wasn't much of assistance.

"Why do you look so nervous sweetheart" He said, amusement in his tone. His hands started to play with with the ends of my hair making my scalp tingle.

" I'm not in one of the most safest places right now considering you are a man of the mafia" I stated looking around the room. That was until a hand gripped my chin and forced me to look ahead. The hands that were so gentle just a second ago now felt rugged.