Chapter Fourty Two

Start from the beginning

"Are you allowed to do that?" Sonic questioned back, I could see hope started to fill in his eyes. Amy just shrugged.

"They wouldn't care. Just give them your names before they start," Amy stated.

"Oh... so who do you think would want to compete with me?" Sonic asked, Amy just chuckled.

"You're Sonic the hedgehog, if you weren't my partner this year any girl would literally fight over you," Amy mentioned, as Sonic and Amy were talking I examined the room.  There is a lot of girls without dates here, many cute ones for Sonic, but then I saw Maria. She's just sitting there by herself on her phone, she's not even with her friends, she's just there. And she looks busy. Well Maria is my friend and although I understand that I may be competing against her, she doesn't deserve to be alone like that tonight.

"What about Maria?" I suggested, Sonic's face brightened up and filled with determination.

"Yeaaahhh.... that's a great idea," Amy admitted.

"Yeah.... I always sorta thought Maria was cute, I just didn't give her any attention," Sonic said.

"Yeah, that's because you were always to busy flirting with my girl," I said with some bitterness in my tone, Amy giggled and Sonic laughed a bit.

"Shadow. Chill. Anyways I think I'm gonna ask her right now, thanks guys," Sonic said before walking away, then Amy and I walked to the stage. Once everyone was on the stage with their partners, including Sonic and Maria, Blaze the cat had continued to speak.

"So we are doing things a bit differently this year. Not only are we going to let you decide, but we are letting you decide by taking a small interview with each partner," Blaze told everyone.

"Now all participants, please make your way backstage and wait for your name to be called," Blaze told everyone, everyone slowly shuffled their way backstage, couples went to talk to everyone, one by one. I noticed Amy seemed pretty nervous when she saw Perci. This year Amy has a goal and that goal is to prove herself better than Perci before Perci can graduate and as her boyfriend I am glad to help her achieve her goal. 

-Amy's POV-

I watched Perci and her partner get interviewed backstage, her partner's name was Andrew or something and their interview is going on so perfectly, I know that beating her may not sound important but it is. I don't want her to outshine me so easily anymore, I want to prove that I can do well just as Perci, Perci is envied by all the girls in school and all the boys in school want to get with her. None of that really matters to me what matters is that I  can accomplish something huge... I  was raised to be a winner....  so that's who I want to be right now.

"So Perci, because you are graduating this year... what are your plans after you graduate?" Blaze questioned her.

"Well I plan   on taking over the family business, but I also plan on taking it to a new direction.  I want  to start a fundraiser to children in need," Perci admitted, the crowd automatically cheered for her. She's too good, how do I even top that? I have no idea what would be in store for my future, so how exactly does Perci know? I turned to Shadow with a frown on my face.

"We.... might not exactly win... Shadow," I stated.

"Don't say that, of course we will," Shadow stated.

"Probably not actually... look at the questions they are giving her," I said.

"Perci, since you are so into charities, what have you done so far?" Blaze asked Perci.

"Well I have  donated to about twelve charities this year and have done some charity work with my family as well," Perci replied with a bright smile, I groaned as the crowd cheered louder.