Chapter 19

Song: Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande

-------------------------------------------------

Christmas morning felt weird. I didn't get a good night's sleep, and I felt nervous to go downstairs after everything that had happened. I wasn't in the mood to face anyone, especially Neymar.

After lying in bed for another hour, it was really time to get up. After my morning routine in the bathroom, I threw on a simple sweater and a pair of black jeans. I felt a bit better.

By the time I reached the living room, everyone was awake and cheerful. It helped lighten my mood.

"Ah there you are Noëlle," Rafaella smiled and linked arms with me.

"Hey Rafa," I smiled back.

"We are leaving in a bit."

"What? So early?" I asked in surprise.

"We are flying to our hometown to visit a couple of our relatives. We will stay in touch more frequently from now though," she winked.

"Definitely!" I exclaimed.

"You must come and visit me in London."

"I'd love to! I have never been there."

While we were chatting about our plans for the coming year, I saw Neymar enter the room. Our gazes met almost immediately. He looked tired. He probably didn't sleep well either last night.

"Juninho! I was just telling Noëlle that we are leaving," Rafa informed.

"Oh yeah," he mumbled as he walked towards us.

"But she is visiting me in London!" she squealed, squeezing my hand.

"You should visit us in Barcelona. It's better than London, at least the weather is," he smirked.

I guess he hadn't lost his humor. It made me chuckle a little.

Rafa rolled her eyes at her brother and nudged him playfully. "He just wants you all to himself."

Neymar gave her a deadly stare while she stuck her tongue out at him.

After having breakfast with my family, it was time to say goodbye to Rafaella and Neymar. My family exchanged wishes for the New Year and hugged each other goodbye. Now it was Neymar and me who had to finally say our goodbyes too.

After a brief silence. Neymar cleared his throat. "Noëlle..."

I met his hazel-green eyes and saw that he was struggling to say something. "Take care of yourself Neymar. Happy New Year in advance," I said and gave him a hug.

He tightened the hug and nuzzled his nose into my hair.

"Why do you smell so delicious?" he sighed.

"I'm using the Lush Christmas bath set," I giggled. But it was true though. It added that extra Christmas touch to any woman.

"My crazy Christmas girl, I will be missing you," he said and cupped my face. He looked me in the eyes with a warm smile. "I hope you have an amazing 2016 Noëlle. He is a fortunate guy, and I want you to know that I'm very jealous," he whispered so only I could hear this. Then he pressed a gentle kiss on my forehead before releasing me from his arms.

My heart felt heavy to watch Neymar and Rafaella leave, but I had no valid reason to stop either of them. They had spent a lot of time with us already. We waved them goodbye as we watched them get into Neymar's white Audi. I let out a deep sigh when they drove off.

-------------------------------------------------

 The next chapter will be the last one ♥