Chapter 11

Song: Cuddle Up by Catey Shaw

-------------------------------------------------

I fisted his jacket as he held my face and deepened the kiss by sliding his warm tongue inside my mouth. I tried to pull my lips away, but the way he kissed me, coaxed me to stop my resistance and I yielded.

When our lips parted, I felt too shy to even look at him. Neymar got up and helped me to my feet. I turned my back to him as I caught my breath and brushed the snow off my clothes and hair.

"We should head back," I heard Neymar say behind me.

I nodded and started to walk down the hill. We were both dead silent on our way down.

"How was the view from up there?" Rafaella asked.

Neymar and I gave each other a quick glance before replying, "nice," simultaneously.

...

I removed my jacket and went to sit in front of the fireplace to warm my shivering body. My thoughts wandered to what had happened on top of that hill.

"Noëlle?"

"Huh?"

"With your head in the clouds?" Rafaella chuckled, squatting next to me.

I shook my head and watched how the flames danced away on the logs.

"What's going on between you and Neymar?"

I was taken aback by her question and froze for a second.

Had she noticed something?

"N-nothing," I muttered.

"You do know it's bad to lie on Christmas right?" she frowned.

I looked at my feet in shame.

"He won't tell me anything, but it is obvious that he can't stay away from you."

"I honestly don't know what's going on Rafa," I confessed.

"I hope you figure it out," she smiled and squeezed my hand.

Neymar appeared behind us sometime later and shoved something into my hand. He disappeared as quickly as he had appeared, leaving us both with a confused frown.

He had given me my phone. I glanced at the screen. I had 2 missed calls from Henry. This didn't look so good.

"Sorry Rafa, but I have to make a call," I excused myself and rushed outside to the garden, escaping her scrutinizing look.

"How dare you?" Henry yelled on the phone.

"Henry, what's wrong?" I asked

"It's just one stupid holiday for f*ck's sake. Get over it and stop being such a stubborn child!" he spat.

------------------------------------------------- 

How was the kiss? ♥ And what's up with Henry?!