Chapter 18

Song: Pray by Justin Bieber

-------------------------------------------------

I was so focused on how his fingers felt on my naked back that it was hard for me to think about anything else. I forced myself to think rationally because I knew that this was wrong. I was officially in a relationship with Henry, thus it meant I would be cheating on him if I crossed the line with Neymar. I was a religious person and believed in Luke 6:31: 'Do to others as you would have them do to you.' I would never want anyone to cheat on me and therefore I would not cheat on Henry. It was easier said than done. I believed that I had made many hard decisions in life before, but the decision I had to make in this very second was nothing compared to those times.

"Stop me Noëlle," Neymar growled whilst his luscious lips brushed against mine.

How does one fight this if their body screamed the exact opposite?

"S-stop," I croaked out after winning World War 3 inside my head.

"Porra," he hissed through clenched teeth and let go of me.

My breath came out in ragged pants as I shut my eyes tightly. I felt drained and frustrated. The air was thick with tension.

"Good night Noëlle." Neymar was gone before I had the chance to open my eyelids.

"Oh god," I groaned and covered my face with my hands.

I lay in bed for over an hour and stared at the ceiling. I doubted I would fall asleep anytime soon with all these thoughts spinning inside my head. This Christmas Eve had been full of surprises. So many unexpected things happened.

I grabbed my phone and tapped on the last text messages I had received from Henry before we had the fight. Henry was a good guy, but alcohol and he didn't go very well together. I knew he had been drinking tonight. He was in Vegas with his friends so of course he would get wasted. His friends were a bad influence on him because most of them were single or in an open relationships. They didn't quite get how he could stay with one person over a longer period of time. Commitment is not something his friends believed in. I however did not forbid him to hang out with them because I hated suffocating relationships. I wanted Henry to be happy, but maybe I had been naive. Henry made himself look like the perfect boyfriend at the beginning of our relationship. And in the past months, I had seen that we didn't share some of the values which were important to me. One of them was keeping a promise.

-------------------------------------------------

She stopped him...

Are you enjoying the story? :)