Chapter 6

Song: Mistletoe by Justin Bieber

-------------------------------------------------

"This Christmas Eve was supposed to be very special for me. I imagined it that way. But it turned out to be the first Christmas Eve I have ever cried," I confessed as I wiped away my tears.

"Is this about your boyfriend Henry?" Neymar asked carefully.

I nodded.

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Almost a year."

"So what is upsetting you this much? Is it because he isn't here with you?"

"He promised me that he would spend our first Christmas together with my family because he knows how much this means to me. But he broke his promise yesterday. It was a last-minute change of plans. His friends wanted him to spend Christmas in Vegas together."

"That's horrible."

"Or maybe I'm just being a big baby, clutching onto Christmas. Even you made fun of me."

"Noëlle, I was just teasing you like I used to tease you when we were kids," he smiled.

"Is something wrong with me?" I asked and looked at my feet.

Neymar lifted my chin, making me meet his gaze.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting your boyfriend by your side on Christmas," he ensured.

I smiled weakly at him. Neymar put his arms around me and gave me a hug.

"You are still so tiny and fragile," he said softly.

His eyes locked with mine without breaking the embrace.

"I'm not tiny," I mumbled and released myself from his arms. "We should go back to the living room."

Neymar nodded and held his hand out for me. I took it and walked out of my old room with him.

"Mistletoe," he stated, pointing to the huge twig hanging above the staircase.

"I swear that wasn't hanging there earlier," I frowned.

"It is now so do I get my kiss or are you going to break the holy traditions?" he asked, amused.

"Juninho, you are cheeky!" I groaned.

"It's Neymar for you."

"Neymar!"

"So?"

"Fine!" I pecked his cheek quickly.

"I think you need a couple of more eggnogs," he mumbled under his breath and rolled his eyes.

I ignored him and went downstairs. I found my family laughing and playing a silly party game together. It instantly lifted my mood to see them being so happy.

-------------------------------------------------

Cheeky Ney! Do you like them together? :)