Chapter 7

Song: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year by Kylie Minogue

-------------------------------------------------

"Where have you guys been?" my mother asked, chuckling about something.

"I was upstairs. What are you guys playing?"

"Charades!" one of my cousins said.

"You are both one team if you want to play," my aunt smiled.

"Sure," I shrugged.

"We are beating your ass sis," Neymar smirked at Rafaella and pulled me next to him on the couch.

"You are such a kid," I chuckled at Neymar.

"Stop calling me a kid. I'm a 23-year-old grown man," he glared, making me cough sarcastically.

Our family really got into the game and we laughed our heads off. It was turning out to be a good Christmas Eve after all. Neymar and I were leading together with Rafaella and one of my elder cousins.

"I'm going to beat your ass Ney," she smirked.

"No way!" he growled.

"Go and pick a paper. Let's see if Noëlle will guess it this time," Rafaella said and stuck her tongue out to her brother.

These two seriously hadn't changed a bit since I had last seen them. They were the cutest siblings ever. Neymar picked a piece of paper from the jar and unrolled it.

"Start!" my cousin yelled.

"Neymar, come on!" I pushed because he stood there like a frozen statue without doing anything.

"Can we use a joker or a free card?" he then asked, scratching his head.

"Or you could simply give up and let us win," Rafaella grinned.

He shot her a mean glare.

"Time is running up Juninho," she exclaimed.

"Neymar come on! I will guess it!" I assured him.

"Noëlle, no!"

"Stop being a party pooper and just act out the word. Don't be so shy, we are about to win!"

"No," he said stubbornly.

I stood up, grabbed his collar, and looked him in the eyes. "Do it or else we are going to lose!"

He clenched his jaw and pushed me away. Then he rushed out of the room, leaving us all startled.

What the hell was that about?

"What's up with him?" I asked Rafaella.

"No idea," she shrugged in confusion.

"I will go check on him," I said and went to look for him.

I couldn't find Neymar downstairs and was about to head upstairs when I noticed that the door to the garden was open.

"Neymar, are you here?" I asked, peeking my head outside.

"Yes."

"What are you doing out here?" I asked and stepped outside.

The freezing cold air hit my skin and I wrapped my arms around myself. Goosebumps appeared on my skin.

"Go back inside."

He was not facing me and seemed to be staring at the trees covered in snow. His voice was cold.

"I will not leave until you tell me what is going on with you."

-------------------------------------------------

Uh oh, what's going on there? :O What's up with Neymar?