Max Bergman

This was requested by Kvettegirl  so very very long ago! I am terribly sorry about how long it has taken, but I hope you enjoy it!

You strolled around the temporary exposition, glancing around you at the exhibits. You stopped at every single one, not wanting to miss a thing. After all, the Star Trek 50 Years: 1966-2016 world tour exposition was only in Honolulu for a week.

As you looked at the people milling around you, many in red, blue, and yellow Star Fleet uniforms, you smiled. It made you happy to know that the franchise was still popular, whether it be diehard original series fans or people who were hooked by the reboot films. Even little children were glancing up in wonder at an original phaser used by William Shatner.

You yourself, wearing your blue Star Fleet uniform (homemade: you were very proud), were currently watching a two-minute documentary on the evolution of prosthetics in the franchise, specifically Vulcan ears. You were utterly captivated until you heard a loud BANG echo through the exposition hall followed by shouts. You dropped to the floor immediately, knowing a gunshot when you heard one.

As you glanced around trying to understand what was happening, you decided to crawl behind a column to take shelter, urging other people with gestures to do the same. Of course, most of them just kept running around and screaming. Idiots.

You counted the minutes you stayed behind the column, as it kept your mind busy. The numbers helped distract you best, after trying to sing songs inside your head and recite dialogues between Spock and Captain Kirk under your breath. You got to twenty seven minutes and thirteen seconds before you stopped, hearing footsteps, many of them, approaching. You shrank against the column, feeling fear coursing through you until you heard the crackling sound of voices through machinery. Walkie-talkies. You sighed in relief. These people were cops.

Slowly, you edged out, unnoticed because of the bustling activity around. You decided to make your way out before someone saw you and made a silly assumption, cuffed you, and brought you to jail. That would effectively ruin your day completely.

However, your tiptoeing maneuvers were interrupted. "Ma'am! Please stay exactly where you are," an authoritative voice exclaimed. Fantastic.

You slowly turned around to be met by the sight of two officers, a brunette and a blonde. You had never really interacted with police officers in situations where their guns were pointed at you (nor had you ever felt the need to find yourself in one), so you just based yourself off of what pop culture had taught you and raised your hands behind your head.

"Hi," you said.

"Hi," said the blonde, while the brunette smiled. "We aren't going to arrest you, don't worry, you can put your hands down." Relieved, you did as he said. "We just have a few questions we'd like to ask you. You've been here this whole time, haven't you?"

"Um yes, but I didn't really see anything, sorry."

One of the officers was about to say something when their walkietalkies crackled and a voice came through. "Commander! Come quick!"

The two men, without a second glance at you, ran down the hall. Not knowing what to do, you followed them.

When you arrived at the end of the hall and turned to the left, you were greeted by a rather awful sight. There, on the floor, was lying a man covered in blood. Doctors and police officers were milling around him shouting instructions. If this situation hadn't been real and happening to you, you would have laughed at the fact that he was, of course, wearing a red  Star Fleet shirt.

One of the blue crime scene coverall wearing people was bending down over the head of the victim, seemingly observing his ears. Slowly, he said, "Commander, there seems to be something strange here."