Bilbo Baggins

Alright, so this is for TheBilboBaggins. Enjoy!

You focused, mind only concentrating on one thing: weaving the strands of golden hair to form a perfect braid. For several minutes you worked, completely ignoring the surrounding noises of the dwarves. Finally, your masterpiece was complete.

"Ta-da!" You exclaimed, spinning Fili around so that the other dwarves could see his intricately braided hair. The blonde dwarf stood next to his brother, who had equally creative and nice braids.

"Wow, Y/N! You're a true artist when it comes to hair!" Exclaimed Bofur.

"Yes, well, since mine has been chopped off, I have to work on others," you said, and to your satisfaction, all of the Company shifted guiltily.

Earlier on the adventure, you had had an encounter with three wonderful trolls by the names of Tom, Bert, and William. Note the sarcasm in the word wonderful.

They had found you, trying to save Bilbo, and you would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those looks Bilbo kept giving you, telling you to run off and fetch the others. As if you couldn't fend for yourself. Insert snort here. Obviously, one of the trolls noticed, and he dangled you by your beautiful waist length curly hobbit locks that you took such great pride in.

The dwarves came to try and save you. They managed to release you from the troll's grasp, but to do so, that one dwarf cut through your magnificent hair. And you didn't know which one of them did it.

You'd sworn to them if you ever found out, you would chop their beard off in their sleep, along with their hair, and possibly other items of their body... You'd left that to their imagination.

And now, they truly tried not to give anyone away because they took your threat very seriously. As they should. You may look like a sweet little hobbit maiden, but you could kick butt. Seriously, no one wanted to mess with you when you wielded those double-bladed swords (well, daggers for taller people) you'd found in the troll cave.

But, here you were now, braiding Fili and Kili's hair in a cave you'd found shelter in from the pouring rain and rock Giants outside. And it was lightening the dreary mood.

Kili stood up. "I am the prettiest of them all!" He laughed, stroking a pose.

Fili pushed him to the ground, causing a few laughs among the others. "No, I am the prettiest of them all!"

Kili smiled, and said, "Let's settle this by vote. All those in favour that I am the prettiest of them all, please raise your hand!"

Kili raised his own hand, but no one else did, which caused general hilarity. The same thing happened with Fili, he was the only one to vote for himself.

"Well you can't all not vote!" You laughed.

The dwarves (and Bilbo) huddled together, whispering. Fili, Kili, and you looked at each other, slightly perplexed, but still giggling occasionally.

Finally, Bilbo said, "All those in favour that Y/N is the prettiest of them all." At this, all the dwarves raised their hands, Fili and Kili too.

You blushed, but tried to hide it behind laughter. The truth was you'd been feeling not so amazing about yourself with short hair, you didn't feel pretty. But this, this helped, even though you knew it was just a silly game. And so, you mock-bowed and they applauded. (Short hair is beautiful, this is just because the main character feels as if her hair was her best feature. Don't think I don't find short hair pretty, I myself have short hair).

Finally, Thorin told everyone to get to sleep. You took your regular sleeping spot next to Bilbo, whom you'd grown close to over the course of the journey. You didn't know each other from Hobbiton, seeing as you were a River hobbit.