Eggsy Unwin

This was requested by littlesnowflake234 , hope you like it!

June was sprawled on the couch, limbs hanging in all directions and looking most ungraceful, but she was so tired she didn't even want to move. Not even to reach over and grab the TV remote to change the channel, which was currently showing an episode of Sesame Street. Why they were still showing Sesame Street at 1 am left her clueless, but she was too tired to think of it much. Taking care of a hyperactive two year old with a knack for finding all the hidden weapons in the house was a truly exhausting task, especially alone.

June sighed, thinking of Eggsy. He'd been gone for three weeks and four days now, off on a mission for Kingsman in Sudan. Although she had retired from the spy profession at the birth of her daughter, Eggsy had not, so he could continue supporting his wife and child.

June knew the danger Eggsy faced every day, she had faced it too until almost three years ago. Although she knew that Eggsy was a more than capable agent, she still worried about him. However, she knew he loved what he did and she wasn't going to stop her husband from doing his job, the same way she wouldn't want him to stop her from doing her own job.

Suddenly, a noise came from the hall. She knew that it wasn't her daughter because she would have seen her tumble down the stairs like the little ball of energy she was. Forgetting at once about her weariness, June kicked into "Angry Mother Hen that was trained to kill people with a spoon" mode. Looking around her for a weapon, seeing as she would make too much noise fetching the loaded gun strapped to the back of the TV, she improvised and grabbed a lamp. Silently making her way to the front door (thanks to her fuzzy socks that glided on the wooden floors), she saw a figure in the dark. She immediately sprang into deadly action.

Jumping on the crouching person untying their shoelaces, she tackled them to the ground, immediately tying up their hands with the lamp's electric cord behind their back. She then flipped the person over, immobilizing them by sitting on them, to reveal the disheveled face of...Eggsy.

"Hello Darling," he said, smirking at his wife's blush visible in the semi-darkness as she realized her embarrassing mistake. "I am sorry everything took so long, but I was a bit...tied up at work," he added, thinking his pun very clever.

June rolled her eyes and slapped his arm playfully. "You didn't think to say, 'Hello sweetheart, it's me, not some psychotic murderer after the life of you and your small child'? I could have bloody well killed you!"

"I wanted to surprise you," Eggsy responded simply, and she felt her frustration melt away at her husband's sweetness. "Do I get a welcome home kiss?" He added and June smiled, complying to his request.

She bent her head down and captured his lips with hers, incredibly happy to have her love home. After a few minutes of reunion snogging, she broke the kiss, smiling. "Would you like me to untie you?" She asked him sheepishly.

Eggsy smiled at her. "Alas," he showed her his two hands, free of the lamp cord, "I am simply too good a spy for you, love. Had I been a psychotic murderer, as you put it, you would be dead."

June, slightly miffed that he had managed to escape the rather decent knot she had made, still managed to reply. "Yes, well, had I not been distracted, I would definitely not have let you untie yourself," she told him as he sat up.

The two looked at each other a moment, and simultaneously moved, wrapping their arms around the other in a heartfelt hug. "I'm so glad you're home," June breathed into his shoulder, his scent (a combination of his spicy cologne and gunpowder) comforting her with its familiarity.