Severus Snape

So this one is for sherloki2! I hope you like it!

You were in the staff room, reading a book, when you heard the door open and in walked Minerva with a slight smirk on her face.

"So who was it?" You asked her, sincerely curious. She had just had to give the fourth year and older Gryffindors their dancing lesson for the Yule Ball. Personally, you could hardly see the severe Transfiguration professor as much of a dancer, but as Head of House, it was her responsibility.

"Young Weasley," she answered. You choked on the tea you were sipping and tried to mask it as a coughing fit, but the tears of mirth in your eyes betrayed you.

"He seemed far too happy to miss class. I believe his brothers and Potter quite enjoyed it," she continued and you saw she also had a twinkle in her eyes.

"Poor boy," you breathed. "He'll never hear the end of it."

You were very good friends with all the professors, and Minerva was no exception. As the transfiguration assistant professor, you spent a great deal of time together and got along quite well. In fact, most were astounded by the complicity you shared as you were a Slytherin student in your time at Hogwarts. However, your talent in her subject, clever wit and natural kindness had overcome any prejudice she held against you because of your House.

After a moment of silence, you spoke again. "When are the Slytherins having their dance lesson?"

"Tomorrow evening."

"You know who I pity most in this whole situation? The poor girl who will have to dance with Severus. He will most likely give her a year's worth of detention if she so much as misses a beat. Imagine if she stepped on his foot!"

"You'll find you are mistaken, Y/N," a slow, smooth voice from behind you said.

"Hello Severus," you replied, smirking. "How are you?" You loved to tease the Potions Master, as you were probably the only one who could do so without being cursed into oblivion. You heard Minerva leave the staff room, but you were too busy staring at Severus's smirking face to say goodbye to her. Whenever he smirked meant he knew something you didn't or you were about to be painfully murdered. Or both.

"You are correct in saying that I am obliged to teach the Slytherins how to not act like wild rhinoceroses at the Yule ball, although quite honestly I do not see that they will not do it anyway, those blundering fools are hopeless. However, it is unthinkable that I dance with one of those insolent brats. " You were smiling during his whole explanation. You disapproved of how he treated the students, but it didn't mean it wasn't funny. He continued. "This puts me in a situation where I must make a dance partner of the only Slytherin female member of the Hogwarts staff."

That effectively wiped the smile off of your face. You would have to dance with Severus. He was watching you with a slightly mocking expression on his face, but you were quick to recover your wits. You were, after all, queen of snarky comebacks.

"My, my, Severus Snape is asking me to dance!"

The only response he had to your comment was a slight sneer, but nothing else. He didn't seem to mind your taunts and deep down you thought (or rather hoped) he enjoyed your teasing.

"As I don't want you to make me look an idiot before my students because of your lack of skills, we will practice tonight. Meet me at eight o'clock in my classroom. Don't be late." And with that, he billowed out of the room. You loved it when he billowed.

You leant your head in your arms, thinking about what was to come. You thought about how you would have to control yourself. You'd always found Severus handsome, in a mysterious and mature way, even though he was only one year older than you. But you were also drawn to him because of his personality and because you knew his secret, which was probably the reason he let you be the closest thing to a friend he could have.