Bruce Banner

Dedication of this chapter to poison_apple007 who has shown incredible kindness to me with such amazing positive feedback. Thank you so much, my friend!

Sometimes, you felt so much affinity with the villains from Disney movies, it was slightly worrying. You were surrounded by idiots and fools, and simply taking over the entire universe seemed a more efficient solution than dealing with their incompetence. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately), there were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents watching your every move to make sure you didn't do anything of the sort.

Everyone in the lab was supposed to have a specific task, and to execute that task properly. Unfortunately, people had a tendency to royally screw up everything. Which was what was happening right now. You left for an hour to get yourself a coffee outside the S.H.I.E.L.D. facility and came back to find the most dangerous and powerful energy source in the world out of control and the entire area being evacuated. You just had to take care of everything yourself. Your hair was a mess, your glasses were askew (if you don't have any, then just go with it), and that coffee you so desperately needed was growing colder by the second as you furiously typed on the keyboard, in a desperate attempt to fix what was happening.

The director walked in, and started talking with Dr. Selvig, who explained the situation to him. Agent Barton also came down from the ceiling. You started noticing the Tesseract was gathering up greater and greater amounts of energy, and as you realized what was happening, you covered your mouth with your hand and your eyes round as saucers.

Suddenly, a great burst of light shot out from the cube, a portal of sorts, and at the other end appeared a crouching figure. He stood up, holding a sceptre. You glanced at Dr. Selvig worriedly before slowly backing away.

"Sir, put down the spear," Director Fury spoke to the strange man.

All hell broke loose when the man in green blasted and stabbed most of the nearby agents with his sceptre. You avoided the line of fire by sheltering yourself behind a table that had flipped over.

Meanwhile, the man you now knew as Loki seemed to have Barton and Dr. Selvig on his side. The director kept talking and you knew that he was stalling, as the ceiling was going to cave in very soon. The Tesseract's activity was too powerful.

Soon, Loki turned to you. With a most superior smirk on his face, he asked, "And why aren't you dead yet, woman?" All the other scientists had been knocked out by his murderous rage, but with his words, you weren't so sure they'd wake up anymore.

You froze. You couldn't say anything back to him. So you just stood with your chin up high and tried to look like he didn't scare you at all. Which was false, obviously.

"Are your lips sewn shut? I've had that happen to me. However, you will learn your manners, girl, and speak when you are spoken to!"

He approached you in a few long strides, and grabbed you by the neck, lifting you up so your feet no longer touched the floor. "Speak to your new king!" He shouted.

You obstinately refused. You were scared out of your mind, but you weren't going to give in. This man-well, you doubted he was only a man- was a criminal, and most likely crazy. He had just killed most of your comrades before your eyes, so you were going to make a stand against him, however stupid it might seem to you later.

Loki glared down at you. His expression of rage soon turned into one of sadistic and maniacal satisfaction. "Have it your way then," he uttered.

He levelled the glowing spear at you, but didn't poke your chest with it as he had for the others. Instead, a glowing blue light seeped from it into your mouth, and you instantly felt a terrible agony in your throat.