Neville Longbottom

You woke up at 4 am sharp, as you did every morning, before anyone else. You quickly dressed into shorts and a tee shirt and ran out of the Hufflepuff common room within five minutes.

You stopped by the kitchens as usual, to grab something to eat. As you tickled the pear on the portrait and the kitchens were revealed to you, you were greeted by a warm sight.

"Happy birthday, Y/N Y/L/N!" The house elves exclaimed, while bringing forth a platter filled with your favourite foods.

"You remembered?" You questioned, surprised but ecstatic.

"Of course!" Dobby replied, speaking for all of them. "Although we were reminded by someone who came by yesterday to make sure we did something special for you. Although we still would have prepared this, you are so kind to us."

You lift an eyebrow, intrigued. "Who was it that came yesterday?" You didn't really have close friends, at least none of which cared enough about you to inquire about your birthday.

"We swore not to tell," Dobby replied. After trying to weasel it out of the house elves while munching down your scrumptious breakfast, to no avail, you warmly bid them farewell and left the kitchens.

You walked up a few staircases and entered the entrance hall, where you stretched a bit, before walking outside and setting off at a quick pace.

It was your habit to run everyday back home. You were muggle born, and your parents were both fitness coaches, so daily exercise was a must in your family. You tried to maintain the habit at Hogwarts, but it was hard because you had to make a great effort to succeed in school and you had Quidditch practice three times a week what with being the Hufflepuff seeker. So, between homework and studies, Quidditch, and keeping in shape, you didn't have much time for social interaction.

You ran all across the grounds, on all terrain, passing Hagrid's hut, the Quidditch field, and skimming the edge of the Forbidden Forest. After two hours of non-stop running, you decided that had been enough and you made your way back inside to freshen up before class.

As you were walking back to your common room however, you heard some voices coming from down the hall. You curiously listened, hiding in an alcove with a statue of a clubless troll. You weren't strictly speaking supposed to be out this early because people could think you were actually out late at night. Nonetheless, you weren't doing anything wrong, but those people probably were up to something.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" A female voice asked.

"Well, I hope so for Neville's sake. Poor bloke really likes her. What if she doesn't like him?" Another voice, masculine this time, said.

"Well, he'll at least have tried and that's all you can really do, isn't it?" A third voice said, and with that you jumped out from behind the statue to face Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter, your fellow sixth-years that were usually up to something.

"What are you three doing out here so early?" You questioned. They looked completely terrified to see you, which you found odd. You weren't the type to rat them out, so why would seeing you make them nervous?

After exchanging glances, they tried to bring the subject to you. "We could ask you the same question, Y/N. "

"Don't try to make this about me," you said. "I want to know what you were doing down here. And also what you were saying about Neville." You tried to sound casual while saying the last part, but your heart was fluttering and you felt a blush creep to your cheeks, however much you tried to stop it. You had a thing for Neville, but you doubted he even knew you existed. After all, you weren't in the same house, and furthermore, you were a Hufflepuff. No one noticed a Hufflepuff girl, especially if she was quiet and didn't do much. Even being the Seeker didn't help, because unless you played against Slytherin, no one really rooted for you.