Part 2 - Help

REYS POV:              

'I appreciate you coming when I called.' Leia begins, pacing around the glass room filled with red velvet sofas and a big glass screen. I look around, taking in my surroundings. It was hard to get used to, I'll admit.

'And for bringing home my brother, of course.' She finishes, taking a sip out of a silver glass filled with red liquid I couldn't recognize.

'I did what I had to do.' I say, glancing to Finn who is smiling at me. I notice he hasn't taken his eyes off me since we'd got here and smile at the thought of him missing me.

I feel my smile drop, sensing the increasing tension in the room.

Something is wrong.

I force myself not to look into Leias mind and discover why she actually wants me here.

Maybe I don't want to know at all.

'Its my son.'

My heart stops, my mind overflowing with a million questions but my mouth shut so tightly, I am unable to ask any of them.

'I need you to help him.' Leia says, a tone of regret lacing into her voice.

'He died.' I dismiss, angrily. 'Everything burnt, including him. I saw it.'

I look around for answers, cringing at the thought of this being an impractical joke, however unlikely it may seem.

'He isn't dead, Rey.' Finn says through gritted teeth, taking my hand. I turn to him, confused, and then back at Leia who offers me his light-saber, as evidence.

As if I'm actually going to take the thing he used to try and kill me.

'I don't want it.' I say, turning away, my cheeks burning hot with rage.

How can he possibly be here after all he's done?

He helped to destroy planets in which inhabited millions of innocent people.

He killed Han Solo.

He's a monster.

'Rey.' My masters voice says calmly, resting a hand onto my shoulder.

I flinch at his touch, slowly turning around to see his hand offering the red crucifix saber.

'There is still hope. You have the power to change him into the Jedi I know he's capable of becoming. I know it.'

'Why can't you do it?' I burst out. 'I barely even know how to use that thing!' I argue; pointing towards Ren's saber.  'I can't change his mind. He's evil. He's killed.'

'He's lost.' Luke interrupts, calmly. 'But he can be found, with your help.'

I stay silent, unable of words. I turn to Leia.

'He killed Han Solo. I saw it. You saw it. He doesn't deserve a second chance. He deserves to rot.'

Leia dismisses me, her body turning away to shadow the tears forming from her eyes. I don't regret what I've said. How could she possibly even contemplate ever going near him again? After all he has done?

'You don't have to do it if you don't want to Rey.' Finn whispers to me, rubbing my palm.

Luke stares at me solemnly, and I sigh.

Unbelievable.

My mind flashes back to Han Solos last movement. How he rested a hand on his sons cheek before plummeting into the bottom of the towering ship. How he looked as if he was sorry. He wanted his son back. He wouldn't want me to act this way, if he were here, would he?

'I'll do it.' I finally decide, reluctantly speaking the words loudly for everyone to here.

'For Han Solo.'