Part 1 - Old friends

REYS POV:

'Rey?'

I turn around,  darting my eyes towards  the sudden target, my hand placed just over my light-saber, a habit I've learnt which I may never get rid off.

'Finn.' I say, taking in his carefully sewn uniform and admiring his overpowering badge. He's a commander now. I say his name like I've never seen him before. Like i'm addressing him.

'Finn!'  I quickly regain, running towards him and throwing my arms around his neck. He wraps one arm around me and embraces me tightly. One tear sparks at the corner of my left eye and I fight it off, burying my head deeper into his shoulders. He smells brand new - like someone completely different.

'Rey.' Finn mumbles into my hair, which is now in one single plait down my back. I didn't have time to cut it, and I don't think I will anyway.

'Dammit, Rey! You left and I- I thought I'd never see you again.' Finn says, holding me out at arms length to get a closer look at me, however his eyes never once leave mine.

'You've changed.' He admires, astonishingly, a small smile molding into his face.

'You haven't.' I grin, pulling him into me one last time.

'When did you get here?' He asks, pulling me aside, as if hiding me from something. I wonder if he thinks I've come uncalled.

'I came here with Chewie and R2D2, just now actually. Wait, how are you? How's Leia? BB-8?' I say, trembling over my words with excitement. I'd really missed them all, especially Finn. I cannot wait to explain to him about my training.

'Chewie, huh.' Finn repeats. 'That big furry thing?'

I nod.

'How is he? Is he still...' Finn pauses. I guess he's still shaken up over Han Solo's death. We all are, really. Especially Chewie.

'He's been better.' I say, truthfully. 'He went off with R2D2 to find General Leia and tell her we've arrived.'

'You mean she doesn't know?' Finn whispers, raising his eyebrows.

'She knows. Its why I came back, actually. She wants my help.'

In Leias quarters...

Finn leads me down long twisty corridors and metallic doors until, finally, he stops. I take a look around, taking in the new scenery. This place was ginormous. I wonder if this is Leia's palace, but stop, suddenly aware of the fact that I hadn't actually told Finn whether I'd found Luke Skywalker, let alone brought him back.

Finn seems to read my mind, which amuses me as its a skill I can easily do now, thanks to my training.

'You found him, didn't you.' He says.

I smile.

'You really found him. Leia will be-'

'More than pleased.' A feminine voice calls out from behind us. I turn around, my eyes panning from Luke to Leia. I smile back, taken away at the sight of Leia and Luke finally together.

'Thank you Rey.' Leia says, grabbing hold of her brothers hand.

'Thank you, Master.' I say, meeting the eyes of Luke, The one who'd lead me down this path and made sure I returned safely. Made sure I'd found the force within myself.

'Thank you.' I say again.

Just a little opening to get you guys involved. The next chapter will be Leia giving Rey her task. Without giving too much away (I'll do it anyway), Leia wants Rey to train a recovered Kylo Ren and turn him towards the force. I'm so excited for this to kick off as I've shipped them secretly, ever since Ren took of his helmet and Rey stared at him. ahhhhhh :OOOO! I'll go back to go over any mistakes although I'm pleased with this so far.