t w e n t y - f i v e

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY!!! next chapter will be up in a few minutes!

--

EMMA

He seems a little sad, so I use myself as a way to cheer him up. "Well, if you did graduate your entire life would've been different and we probably wouldn't have met."

"That's true." He smiles, kissing me on the forehead. "And that would be very unfortunate."

"Why?" I ask teasingly with a grin.

"Because I'm in love with you."

-

I can feel my eyes widen as I process the words Harry just said. He's holding me, and I don't think I would be able to float on my own if he let go. I knew that I was falling in love with him, but the second he told me he was in love with me, that changed. I love him.

I love him.

I keep telling myself this, but each time Aaron appears in my head. I loved him and he said he loved me. But he didn't. He hurt me, and that's not love.

"A-are you sure?" I stutter, and I can see Harry's expression changing. He seems sad that I didn't respond with the same words.

"Yes, I'm sure." He tells me, smiling. He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear before he speaks again. "I love you, Emma." I break eye contact, not knowing how to respond. I want to tell him I love him, but at the same time I'm too scared. I'm too scared for what could happen. "You don't have to say it back."

"No-I..." I start speaking but don't really know what to say. I love him. And if I'm going to be in another serious relationship I need to forget about Aaron and all the shit he put me through. "I love you, Harry." I finally say, and relief washes over me.

"You sure you aren't just saying the because-"

"No, I'm not. I love you." I repeat. "I guess I was just worried because of Aaron, but I know you're nothing like him."

"God, I'd never do that to you. It's fucking disgusting what he did." He sighs, and I nod in agreement. He pulls me closer to him and connects our lips slowly. The kiss feels different and better than any kiss before. I wrap my arms around his neck and try to deepen the kiss, which may not even be possible.

"I love you." He says, chuckling. My forehead rests on his and I can't stop smiling. "It feels good to say that."

"Mhm." I press one last kiss to his lips, but a wave interrupts us. "Maybe we should go back to your place?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows, suggesting something I know he wants.

"Yeah, yeah, let's do that." He chuckles, pulling
me out of the water with him.

--

T W O   D A Y S   L A T E R

I stuff a couple shirts into my small suitcase, and can't stop thinking about tomorrow. We're leaving for New York and we haven't seen each other since we said I love you, but we've sent each other plenty of texts. It isn't weird between us and I'm really happy that I told him I love him.

I finally figured out how to video chat with Beth, and she nearly died once I told her about Harry and I. She also told me that I need more girlfriends, and need to stop spending so much time with Harry. Although I love being with Harry, I agree with her. I want to get closer with Lottie and I should probably make some new friends too.

I finish packing and then decide to make myself some dinner, which is ramen. While its in the microwave I take out my phone and start looking through snapchat. I click on Niall's story, and see that he's in New York. He's got a private snapchat, all of the boys do, so only his friends can see his stories. I assume he's going to the same party Harry and I are going to.