While my eyes were trying to decide if they wanted to close or not, I saw Medusa's face crunch with pain. She screamed in agony and her hair let go of me. I dropped to the ground, grasping as much air as I could.

I looked up and saw Thomas standing behind Medusa. I then realized he was the one that caused Medusa's hurting headache. This must be the second time he saved me like this, the first time three months ago with Abomination.

I got up from the ground. Thomas was staring at me, failing to show his still disappointment expression. I was starting to think he wanted me to know how disappointed he was in me.

And it was working.

"Thanks . . ." I said uncomfortably. I've never been uncomfortable with Thomas before. Why is this time so different? Oh, wait. I lied to him. That's why.

He didn't say anything. He didn't do anything, not even a slight nod. What I did couldn't make him that mad . . . right?

He then turned around to go back to the battle.

"Wait, Tom—"

"Don't."

The tone that he gave was so unexpected that I actually flinched. I have never in my life heard him say anything like that. I didn't even think he had it in him. It was so powerful that it brought tears to my eyes.

He had stopped walking when he said it, head over his shoulder but not looking at me. I didn't say or anything after that. How could I? My best friend was mad at me.

Before he turned back around, I was able to catch a quick glimpse of his face and it broke my heart in pieces. He no longer had a look of disappointment. He had a look of anger. Anger like I have never seen before.

I didn't try to stop him when he ran back into the battlefield.

"Boy problems?"

I snapped my head behind me to see Medusa getting up from the floor, groaning, her hand on her head.

"I don't blame him. I heard what happened. Damn, have you got it bad. I bet you the minute this is over, he'll go straight to another girl, and forget about you like you never even existed—"

My eyes flared with anger and next thing you know, she's the one choking this time. I stared at her with the deadliest glare I could ever giver her. She grasped for air, her hands clawing at the invisible force around her throat.

I knew that it was me.

I knew that I was the one choking her, and I didn't stop. I could have, but I didn't. I didn't want to.

"Savannah!"

I vaguely heard my name being called, but I was too busy watching Medusa wriggle in pain, her face beginning to pale and turn purple. Someone ran up next to me, and from the corner of my eye, I saw them talking to me, but I didn't hear them.

The person suddenly grabbed my arm, trying to make me snap out of my trance. I didn't move. I kept still, and I was surprised at how strong I was to do it.

Then I screamed in agony as I fell back to the ground. I shook my head and saw that there were three claw marks on my arm. But as soon as I caught a glimpse of it, it disappeared, the pain washing away with it.

I looked up and saw Logan standing over me, his face in worry. "What the hell was that for?" I snapped at him.

"I had to do something to snap ya out of it." He said. "I knew it was gonna go away."

I looked over my shoulder. Medusa was laying on the ground, motionless. Her face was loosing its paleness, but I could tell she was unconscious.

"What the hell was that for?" Logan questioned.