Chapter 4

Safe Haven
Nalu

~A week has passed since Lucy found Fairy Tail. Mavis offered her a room in the girls guild dorms. She was officially considered a member once she received her guild mark. She hasn't made any friends yet. So, she sat alone at her table, looking at the keys that once belonged to her mother. She was curious about them. She wanted to know more~

Lucy stood up from her seat at the long, wooden table. With the pouch full of celestial keys in her small hands, she wondered around the guild. Lucy didn't know for sure that this place had owned a library. But she had to look at least.

The 9 year old figured she could find a book about Celestial Mages. The same magic her mother had, according to Makarov and Mavis.

This seemed like an amazing idea, since she could learn more about her mother. But there was a small problem. Lucy couldn't find the library. She began to think there really wasn't one in this huge building.

"Looking for something?" Just as Lucy heard the voice, she noticed the other presence with her. Lucy turned around, a bit startled. She found a girl her age. She had short, blue hair and was a bit smaller than Lucy herself.

"Uhm... No, thank you." Lucy shook her head 'no.'

"Oh come on, I don't bite. I'll help if you need it. I'm Levy." The girl smiled brightly at the blonde.

"I'm Lucy. I was looking for the library, if you even have one." She confessed.

"Oh, I go to the library all the time! Books are real fun to read. Come on, Lucy! I'll show you the way." Levy beamed, grabbing the other child's hand. She ran down the hall, Lucy following behind her in surprise. She watched as Levy ran with a kind smile on her lips. Lucy couldn't help but smile too.

Levy arrived at the library in no time at all.

"Thank you, Levs..." Lucy began to call her by a nickname but stopped herself. Levy smiled

"It's okay, Lucy. Call me Levs if you'd like. We're friends now, aren't we? You've been alone for the whole time you've been at Fairy Tail." The bluenette beamed. Lucy smiled as well.

"Okay, Levs!" Lucy nodded her head, smiling.

"I'll introduce you to the other kids later. For now, maybe I could help you look for something! I read about half the books in here." Her new friend offered.

"Half?! That's a lot! I was looking for a book on Celestial Mages." Lucy told her. Levy thought for a bit.

"I haven't read anything on star magic yet, since the books have a bit more complicated words for me to understand." Levy laughed slightly.

"But I could help you look!" She smiled. Lucy accepted her kindness. They went on a search for a book based on Celestial Magic after that.

Time passed by, minute after minute, hour after hour. Almost the whole guild library had been searched.

"Maybe we don't have a book on that..." Levy thought out loud. They decided to take a short break.

"What book may that be?" A soft voice entered the room. The two 9 year olds looked at the entrance to the library. There stood the first master.