10| Tears and reunions ✔️

Start from the beginning

"Don't be a coward, Ki." Zara cheered. "You got this. Fighting!"

"Easy for you to say." I muttered nervously, looking to and fro as they approached closer.

The wolves in front of me were looking at me in deep distrust, while the huge grey one looked ready to pounce on me. I growled at them and felt my hackles rise.

Then suddenly without a warning the grey one sprang. Sensing what he was about to do beforehand, I ducked. He landed behind me. Dust rose as he growled and turned around. This time, he landed above me, barring his sharp canines at me.

I pushed him off with all the strength I could muster. With a giant leap, I pounced on him and bit into his shoulder. My canines cut through skin and sunk into his muscle as a roar ripped from his throat. I tasted blood in my mouth as I finally let go and took a few steps back.

He staggered on his feet.

A rush of air had me slamming forward, flat on my face. I grunted as the weight of a wolf landed square on my back.

Craning my neck back, I snapped my teeth. Immediately, a retaliatory snap sounded, dangerously close to my ear. One of them tried to pin me to the ground, but but I dodged him with a backward kick.

A high pitched yelp.

I had hit my mark. Good.

Unfortunately, the little victory was short lived. The grey wolf was larger in size. Older too, judging by his experience in fighting. In single move, he rolled me over. A sharp stabbing pain exploded between my ribs. Something had pierced my side as I landed on my back. Black spots invaded my vision even as I tried to throw him off.

It was in vain.

All too soon, I felt his canines pierce into my neck, and as the last scream ripped out of me, I let the darkness envelop me whole.

* * *

"Great Heavens! What have you done to her?" A familiar voice reached my ears.

"She is a rogue, Alpha. I had no choice." A subdued voice spoke. For some odd reason it sounded distorted.

"Of course you had Dylan! Ever heard of White Wolves being Rogues?" The Alpha voice barked again.

I tried blink once. Twice. Strange. Shouldn't I be dead by now? What kdrama is this?

I could feel the other wolves around him quaking. The voice, on the other hand, kept ringing bells of familiarity. I wracked my brain to recall where I had heard him. Unfortunately, over thinking situations tended to give me headache instead of a solution.

I opened my eyes slowly. The Alpha guy was too busy yelling at his pack members to notice.

"-To top it all, she is still a pup! You gave her quite a scare."

"Well, she is not as scared as she looks, Alpha. Gave me quite a bunch of bruises," replied a very frightened voice.

A few people chuckled. The Alpha only grumbled, although the previous heat in his voice had subsided a little. "That sounds like her alright. Kiara never backs down from a fight."

He knew me? Who on earth was he?

I groaned while trying to sit up.

Strange. I was in a white room. A unpleasant whiff of disinfectants wafted up my nose. The ground underneath seemed different. A steady beep of a monitor sounded somewhere near. I frowned. How was that possible? The last I remember is losing consciousness in the woods.