5 - Gettin' Closer

Matt wasn't just going to let Roxy get away with what she had done. He had seen the look in Gabi's eyes, how sad she had looked. He wasn't going to let Roxy get away with bullying, he refused to be a bystander, even for petty mockery like this. He walked over to her, and noticed how Roxy's eyes never left him, not once. It made him slightly nervous, but he refused to show it in order to prove to her that she had no effect on him.

She looks at me, and I'm a goner He thought to himself.

"Roxy what did you tell Gabi?" He demanded in an annoyed tone.

She simply cocked up an eyebrow and smirked before purring, "Now, now, Mattieu. I wasn't being mean to your girlfriend, I was just telling her that there really isn't a point in telling people your outfit is from Balmain if you bought it from H&M,"

"Roxy, you can't just go around being mean to people like that," He spoke to her, almost like she was a little child.

"Well, I just did," She replied cheekily, before grabbing his hand, "Come dance with me I love this song,"

Matt vaguely recognized the party song, but before he could think any further, his attention was fully concentrated to how Roxy was dancing with him. She'd move her hips gracefully, and would move close to him. Just when he wanted to place his hands on her hips, she'd back away. They danced together for a few songs, completely ignoring all the looks they were receiving.

At the other end of the hall stood Angie, with her arms crossed furiously. She had spent three hours perfecting herself so that when Matt entered with her sister who she knew would be looking shabby as per usual, he would fall head over heels in love with her. Of course, her plan was deeply flawed. It seemed that Gabi was just as devious as Angie was, and had stolen the Balmain X H&M dress Angie has wanted to wear. Then, they had also arrived three hours later than planned, and Angie realized it was because Gabi had stolen her heels as well. As if that wasn't enough, Roxy had scared her sister away from Matt, and now Gabi would have to go get Matt from Roxy, which had a lower success rate than growing lemons on an apple tree.

She switched her gaze to Katy, who was dancing happily with some girls in their grade, one of them being Veronica, which angered Angie further. On the other hand, Rob was sitting on the couch, nursing a bottle of beer. Angie smirked to herself, before swinging her hips over there. She had a plan, and she was sure this one wouldn't fail.

* * *

Matt and Roxy were soon breathless, as they had been dancing non stop for almost 45 minutes.

"Do you want to get out of here?" She panted, still managing to look attractive to him.

He nodded in agreement, and the two chucked their red solo cups somewhere and left. The second they got out of the elevator and out of the door of Roxy's tower, the two took in a deep breath of the fresh air, and then laughed, because they didn't know the other was also breathless.

"Where do you want to go?" Matt asked her, smiling warmly, his earlier anger towards her having dissipated.

"Can we go to Rumor Has It?" She asked him, with a small smile, "You haven't been there yet have you?"

"No I haven't," He told her, and the silence soon enveloped them. It was wasn't awkward silence though; the silence was comfortable and refreshing at the same time.

Soon, they approached a quirky, shakespearean styled cafe with the sign "Rumor Has It". It represented a dollhouse, in a way, and Matt wasn't too sure he liked it.

"I know it looks a bit too girly," Roxy spoke to him, as though she could read his thoughts, "But I promise, the food is actually really nice,"

The two entered, and Roxy asked for a room so they could have a bit of privacy to talk and act more freely.