07| Ruin and regret ✔️

Start from the beginning

I wordlessly made my way to the classroom and noticed it was locked from inside.

I once again heard her crying and it hurt me so much. All I wanted then was to say how sorry I was and hug her and see her smile.

I mentally reviewed the apology in my head before I knocked at the door. I would set everything right... all I needed was a single chance. I saw the door open and her tearful eyes look at me.

Everything I wanted to say then seemed forgotten. However my wolf seemed more eager than me and prodded me on.

"I ..." I began having no idea how to go on.

However, she turned and ran the second I opened my mouth. It was as if my words would scorch her to death.

"Your rejection just did." Grayson reminded me quietly.

As if I needed the reminder. I looked at her running figure and attempted to go after her when a hand pulled me back.

I turned around to notice a scantily dressed Nicole smiling at me. "Hey babe, how about a quickie in the empty classroom?" she asked me trying to sound seductive, but failing miserably.

Grayson protested in disgust. He hated this girl from the beginning. If it were not for my father, I wouldn't have even considered going out with her.

However, I had more pressing matters than that.

"No Nicole. I have work to do."

"Work with that Kiara cow?"

I froze. Fuck. How much had she witnessed?

Meanwhile Grayson was growling at the way she insulted our mate. "That's none of your business!" I said.

Nicole's face flushed with anger, all pretend smiles gone. "Of course it is!" she snapped. "You are mine. I rejected my own mate because I love you."

"You rejected your own mate because you love the position of Luna, not because you love me."

"That's not true. I love you, Aden, I really do-"

"Nicole just leave." I said, trying to control my temper. "Don't feed me with any more of your bullshit. I have made that clear a long time ago."

Anyone other than Kiara as my mate sounded revolting.

But, Nicole seemed to have other plans. She didn't seem to understand the concept of fuck off. "You are my mate Aden and no one will change that." She said clutching my shirt.

I could hear my blood vessels popping when she said that.

"Nicole you could never be worthy of being my mate. Now get the hell out of here." I snarled, pushing her off of me. "We were never even in a real relationship. You fucking knew that, but you still went ahead and spread rumours about us!

I reminded you time and again that we would never amount to anything more. Whatever stupid facade my Dad and you had decided to keep up—I had stated I'd be out the moment I found my true soulmate. Did you honestly delude yourself into thinking I'd give up my mate for your twisted political schemes?"

"You bastard, I rejected my mate for you!" She burst out.

"For the last time, I didn't fucking ask you to!"

She seemed a bit shocked at my outburst, but didn't look remotely abashed even so. "I won't ever let that happen." she vowed as she turned and marched off with a huff. "If you choose her over me, I'll do my best to make her life fucking miserable. Mark my words."