I'll take a peice of that cake😉

"Come on doll face you know you wanna try it." Roxanne nods to me applying yet another coat of blood red lipstick. "You'd be damn good at it too, with legs like yours. I'd kill for those legs." Her eyes flicker over to me as she lets out a loud smack of her gum. But only for a second before she looks back into the mirror carefully giving her knitted hair one last tease.

A shy giggle escapes my lips. "Thanks Roxy but I'm gonna have to pass on that offer. Again."

"Whateva." her Jersey accent evident as she struts off in her lingerie and red stilettos and onto the stage. Leaving me now with my best friend, Payton Parker. She, like Roxanne, is a stripper- only a bit younger.

Payton is stunning. She has jet black hair, at least for now; knowing Payton she'll probably dye it magenta next week. And piercing green eyes she got from her mom. She's been stripping for almost two years now, and it gets the rent payed so she's happy with it. Plus she likes the confidence and attention that come with it.

Payton and I have known each other since we were young, we were best friends in middle school.  Payton moved away when her dad got a job In Las Vegas at the end of 8th grade, we kept in touch, for a while anyway. We called each other everyday then slowly it began to fade. From talking everyday to a few times a week eventually to not at all. We rekindled when her mom passed away two years later.
Then, at the age of 17, I moved to the big city, and she just happen to be my neighbor. After moving to Vegas we reconnected and been inseparable ever since. That was three years ago. Now we are living happily as roommates and just barely covering rent.

Payton chose well, this to pay the rent, where as I went for something a bit more modest. I work as a waitress at a high scale restaurant in the Bellagio Hotel. You'd think that pays a lot huh? Think again. I can scrape enough money up to pay rent. For such rich people they sure give lousy tips. Shortly after I started working there I came to a realization: the richer they seem, the stingier they are.

Her job and my minimum wage pay wasn't amounting to much and ever since our landlord raised the rent we've been in a really tight spot. Having to forego some much needed updates in our rickety old apartment. Payton has started picking up extra shifts and I've been on the lookout for a second job with a decent pay. Payton's been here all night, she worked an extra night shift and is just finishing up now. We're sitting backstage at Bandaids, the strip-club, waiting for Payton to finish changing. Yes, the place is called Bandaids; when it was first founded the girls were supposed to wear pasties, but they were too expensive, so instead they used Bandaids and the name just stuck. No pun intended.

Payton finishes pulling on a pair of black distressed skinny jeans and gives herself a quick glance in the mirror before slipping her arm through mine and promptly walking us out the back door of the club to accompany me on my walk to the Bellagio.

We walk the early streets of Vegas, quite a contrast from what it'll be like in a few hours. Filled now only with a few joggers, early family tourists, and the shmuks that just learned they should've left the casinos hours ago while they were hot.

I turn to Payton who is humming happily beside me, "Okay so I'll go to work  and then meet you back at Bandaids later tonight, sound good?"

"Great and I'll go home turn out every light and and take a looonngggg nap." She giggles and wobbles nearly falling. Payton gets a little loopy when she's tired.

I hug her goodbye as I turn to the magnificent entrance to the building. Seeing as it's so early I'm still allowed to enter through the front door but once it becomes a decent hour they don't like the 'help' coming in where the guests do, so normally I would have to walk around the back.