Chapter 9

"Do you want to try again?" Ally asked, rubbing Lauren's back. Lauren let out a defeated sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"It's just too much, Ally," Lauren huffed. "I don't know how to get the stupid rock to open, and I'm going to fail Lupin's class cause I can't conjure up a dumb patronus,"

"Hey, it's okay," Ally reassured. "I'm going to try to help you in any way I can,"

It was a lazy Saturday morning, the day of the Hufflepuff versus Ravenclaw quidditch match. Since everyone was at the match, Ally thought it would be a good idea to help Lauren with her studies.

"Do you think your memory is strong enough?" Ally asked.

"I guess," Lauren mumbled, "I mean I was really excited when I first learned how to fly,"

Ally pursed her lips, contemplating on how to word this. "Perhaps try something else?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, my memory is when I found out I was accepted for that training program at St. Mungo's after graduation, but I don't know how that can help you,"

Lauren racked her brain for something like that. She remembered that day, Ally was so excited she Apparated to Lauren's house to share the news. Lauren had never seen anyone so happy.

Something clicked inside of Lauren's head. Accepted...

FLASHBACK

"Daddy, is the mail here yet?" Lauren asked hopefully.

"Not yet, mija, give it time," Mike said, putting down his work to look at his barely eleven year old daughter.

"But I don't wanna!" Lauren protested. "I need to know!"

"Patience, Lauren," Clara scolded. "The mail will be here any moment,"

Lauren huffed and stomped her foot. She didn't want to be patient, she wanted to know now.

Mike and Clara obviously knew their daughter would get into Hogwarts. They were both alums of the scarlet and gold house and Lauren was a very bright girl. Mike chuckled at how excited and anxious Lauren was about her letter.

"Chris! Is the mail here yet?" Lauren called from the kitchen. Chris was coming down the stairs, passing the front door.

"No," he answered simply. Lauren whined.

She laid down on the kitchen floor and sighed dramatically. Clara rolled her eyes.

"Let her have this, it's an exciting day," Mike said calmly.

The sound of rapid knocking on the door made Lauren bolt upright.

Clara opened the door to see a blur of green rush past her. The blur tackled Lauren.

"Lolo! I got in!" Camila flashed a toothy grin, waving a letter in the air. Clara looked outside the door to see the Cabello's looking outside their house, knowing Camila ran down the block to tell her friend the news.

"Merlin! Congratulations!" Lauren beamed. She hugged her friend tightly.

A letter was dropped at Clara's feet, but Lauren didn't notice because she was squealing with Camila.

Clara looked at the girls lovingly. Camila was like a daughter to her, she was so proud that she got in. Clara didn't want to ruin the moment the girls were having by giving Lauren her letter. It was Camila's moment.

"I'm so happy for you, Camz!" Lauren gushed.

"Me too! I can't wait for us to go to Hogwarts! It's going to be the best time ever! Especially because my best friend will be with me," the smaller girl smiled.