Chapter 5

a/n: any clexa shippers out there?

"I have crucial information for you," said a voice. Camila sat up from her bed, putting her book down. She was reading a book of Greek mythology, since her competition was next week.

"Knocking would be nice," Camila scoffed at the boy in her doorway. He chuckled.

"Sorry about that. I'm not too keen on knocking," Luke adjusted his green and silver tie, crossing his arms.

"Want to come in?" Camila asked, patting the spot next to her on her bed. Luke jumped on.

"What's up, Hemmings?" Camila asked, crossing her legs.

"Just got a letter from my mom, thought the info might intrigue you," Luke said, folding his arms behind his head as he laid down on the pillow.

"Okay, shoot,"

"You know how my mom is the head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures?" Luke asked, Camila nodded.

"Well, she wrote to me saying she's coming to Hogwarts for a 'secret mission,'" Luke said, using air quotes. "I think it has to do with the first task,"

"Interesting," Camila murmured. "I remember hearing that for the last tournament they battled dragons, but I doubt they would do the same thing,"

"I think every time the tournament happens it's loosely based on the one before. I think every first task is battling some monster," Luke shrugged.

Camila bit her lip, unsure of what to think. After she was picked, she looked up what happened at the last tournament. She remembered reading about how Harry Potter killed a dragon, but the thought of Camila hurting an animal made her stomach churn.

"Do I have to kill it?" she asked weakly.

"Not sure. My mom didn't tell me what kind of beasts they are, only that she's coming. It might not even be for the competition,"

"It probably is. When is she visiting?"

"Wednesday. The competition is on Saturday,"

"It's probably for the competition then," Camila sighed, letting her head hit the pillow. Luke chuckled.

"I got the guys to make a bunch of banners for you," Luke said. "And it's reversible so it can also be used for the quidditch matches,"

"Thanks, man," Camila said. "I can't believe quidditch is still going on with the tourney,"

"I'm glad it is. I'm being scouted by the Chudley Cannons this year," Luke chuckled. "They're coming to the Gryffs versus Slyths match this year. I can't wait to hit Mahone off his broom with my bat,"

"No doubt you can. You're the best Beater this school has,"

"I know I am," Luke smiled cheekily. "Anyways, onto more serious matters,"

Luke turned over on his side to look at his friend. "I can tell you got girl problems, what's up?"

Luke was the guy Camila could talk to about her latest 'conquests.' Last year, she tried to fill the empty void in her heart that was left after Jade and her broke up with useless hook-ups with girls mainly from the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw houses. She stopped once Ariana made her admit she had a problem, and when Hailee pointed out that the void could only be filled by one person... a certain green eyed Gryffindor.

Luke helped Camila through these times. They used to party together and set each other up with one night stands, but when Camila stopped, Luke was still a loyal friend. Their parents also worked together in the Ministry and on top of that, Alejandro and Liz graduated Hogwarts in the same year.