1; Typical

1; Typical

I'm crying, my nose is dripping with the familiar colour of crimson. My whole body is shaking as I stare up at the man in front of me.

My mom stands there, looking absolutely destroyed, he doesn't lay a hand on her, that's a privilege only I receive. Instead she receives the mental games.

"You see what you made me do?" He screams into moms numb looking face. "This wouldn't fucking happen if you would do what I ask you to do!"

"You're fucking useless!"

"You don't fucking love me! If you did you would do what I want you to do!"

"You're nothing without me!"

The same words for different problems every time, mom doesn't cook his toast the way he likes it, mom touches the rim of his glass with her fingers; which he absolutely despises, mom doesn't put his socks on his feet the way he prefers. She can't do anything the way he wants! And I'm the one who suffers the consequences.

"Stop fucking crying Harley! Or do you want me to go get the kettle chords again?" Dad screams at me with his normally up kept brown hair all frazzled and his blue eyes looking wild and dangerous.

I quickly shake my head no while grabbing at my bloody nose with one hand, desperately trying to catch all the blood so it doesn't hit the ground. If it were to hit the ground, I don't know what my father would do to me. My father is the kind of man that would have me whipped for breaking a glass or for even wetting the bed.

"I'm going to the bar, this shit better be fucking spotless when I get back!" With one last scream he is out the door leaving me and my mother alone.

I whimper whilst my mom stares numbly at the door that my father just stomped through. Her breathing is laboured and you can see the thin layer of sweat covering her olive coloured skin.

"Get up Harley." She whispers tightly without looking in my direction. "Get up and go pack some clothes and what ever you want to take with you, we're getting the fuck out of here."

----
Three Years later

The blood is rushing through my veins at a rapid speed all the while I can feel my heart skipping beats, even with this going on; it still feels as if I can slow down time.

I can feel my knuckles slowly swelling up, it feels as if my hands are near a blazing fire and they're heating up real quick. I can physically feel the blood gushing out from the open cut on my bottom lip, I can taste the copper on my tongue.

This is what I live for, the adrenaline, the pain, this is my own personal addiction.

"Come on baby, hit me." I taunt the man in front of me with a smile lighting up my bruised face.

The crowds are silent for the first time since I started fighting here, they want to see if this'll be my end.

The end of the Pessimist.

The lights feel heavy on my sweating skin as I look into the mans blue eyes. "Are you going to do it baby? Are you going to end me?" I ask with my face laughing and my eyes dark.

The man lets out a grunt before he comes charging at me, I dodge his fist, I dodge his kick, I dodge his fist and I dodge the next.

"Come on baby, you're going to have to do a bit better than that!" I'm once again taunting him, I take notice of the vein pulsing from his forehead with a dark grin. "Ignore the people honey, just focus on me and me alone."

I watch with a raised eyebrow as he slowly back away and walks towards the crowd with his hand stretched out, a malicious smirk breaks out onto my face as I watch a person from the crowd hand the six-foot-three man a baseball bat.

"Well then, I'm guessing you wanna play dirty then honey?" I rhetorically ask and he just lets out another animalistic grunt.

Once again he is charging at me, he swings the bat and misses his target, he swings again and misses.

I let out a loud laugh as he keeps swinging the bat at me. "You're going to have to be a bit quicker than that baby!" I taunt him with a smirk on my still bleeding lips.

"Fucking bitch!" He growls out before lifting the bat above his head and swings it down towards my skull.

I put my hand up just in time to catch it, causing a loud sound of skin hitting wood. I grip the bat tightly within my hand before yanking it out of his grasp.

"It's my turn now honey." I bat my thick eyelashes at him and a bead of sweat drips down his veined forehead.

I grip the bat tightly and smile down at the long weapon. "Now the real fun begins." I say to myself with a satisfied smile.

I quickly drop to the ground and with the bat I take swing at the mans knee cap, I keenly listen as the sound of wood crushing bones meets my ears, and boy does it sound good.

The man lets out a low scream as he falls to the ground, whilst I sport a smile as I arise from the floor. "You're not giving up on me yet are you?" I question with a false, mocking smile.

The man just continues to roll and moan around.

How typical.

"Alright, lets finish this then." I shrug sadly before brutally slamming the bat into his temple.

I watch as he slowly loses consciousness with a dark grin.

The crowd then chooses to erupt into cheering.

"Pessimist! Pessimist! Pessimist!" Is all I hear as I leave the small arena to claim my one-thousand dollar prize.

--------

Please vote and comment what you think.
This is just a short chapter to get the ball going, and for second time readers, I've had to change it! I didn't like the way I had started this off.