Chapter 10, Part 2

Once I found everyone, they already finished packing up the instruments, speakers, and etc. Rocky walked up to me and stood by my side. We were on the stage and looking at the empty stadium. "Thanks for helping," Rocky said, nudging me with his arm. "Sorry," I replied, "I was just... Yeah." I walked away and left a confused Rocky behind.

I walked off the stage. "Rei, where were you? We were celebrating," Rydel said. I stopped to speak to her. "Nowhere," I said. I moved on then looked back to see Rydel whispering to Riker with a confused look on her face. I saw Riker nod.

While looking back I bumped into Ross and Ratliff. "Hey-" Ross started. "Hey," I interrupted and kept moving. I didn't exactly know where I was going, but one thing was on my mind: I needed to get away. I walked out of the stadium. Fresh air hit me and I deeply breathed in, savoring it. "Hey," I heard a voice say behind me. I whipped around and came face to face with Ryland. "Sorry, I lost you back there. I assumed you got back on your own. Where were you? You weren't at the celebration," he said. "It's fine, Ry. I just met up with some girls who wanted to talk to me," I replied, "I'm going to head over to the bus. You know, lie down. I'm exhausted."

I walked away from Ryland and went straight to the bus. Once I was there, I locked myself in the small bathroom. I looked in the mirror. "I'll get through this," I told myself. I watched as the cut that traces my hairline started to bleed. I made no move to clean the cut or wipe the blood away. I stayed in the bathroom staring at myself for what felt like mere minutes. I checked my phone and realized that it's been an hour.

There was a knock on the door. "Rei, are you okay? We're coming in," I heard Riker say. I started to panic. I didn't clean my cut and the blood was clearly dripping down my face. I turned around before the door opened. "Rei, turn around," Ross said. "No," I replied. I felt someone grab my shoulder and make me turn around. Rydel gasped. I felt tears threaten to fall once more. Rydel walked up to me and took my face into her hands. I saw tears rimmed her eyes. "Why?" she asked.

We all walked out of the bathroom area and sat on the couch. Rydel made me sit down and she dabbed a wet cloth on my cut, cleaning it. Ross, Ratliff, and Rocky were sitting on the couch opposite of us. Ryland sat on the armrest of their couch. Rydel was sitting to my right and Riker to my left. Everyone was staring at me. "Don't tell Mama and Dad," I said silently, "They'll be heartbroken." "How do you think we feel right now, Rei?" Rocky asked, rhetorically.

Rydel finished cleaning my cut. She wrapped a bandage around my head. There was a long period of silence. "What happened? We thought you quit," Ross said. "I did," I replied. "Doesn't look like it to me," Ross said. "I did... This is just the first time ever since I quit," I mumbled. "That doesn't make it any better, you know," Ryland said. "Yeah, I know," I replied. "So, what happened?" Rydel asked.

I told them everything. Everything from going down to the crowd with Ryland to those girls mocking and taunting me to cutting in the restroom. After I explained, there was a long period of silence. Until Riker broke it. "Just...don't," he said. "What?" I asked, confused. He suddenly pulled me into a hug. "Don't believe them, Rei. What did we do to make you not trust us? We love you," Riker pleaded. I felt the tears slide down my face. I buried my face in the crook of Riker's neck. "I don't know," I mumbled through the fabric of his shirt, "I constantly feel like I'm not good enough for you guys." "Sweetie, you know that's not true," Rydel comforted. She hugged me as well. Then Rocky joined, then Ross, then Ryland, then finally Ratliff. We all clung onto each other like our lives depended on it.

Thanks for reading!! Love you guys!! Bye❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️✌️❤️