Chapter 10

"What's up, Mexico City?!" Riker yelled out. The crowd went absolutely crazy. R5 was starting the first concert of the Louder World Tour. Ryland, Mama, Daddy, and I were backstage watching the performance. They opened with "(I Can't) Forget About You".

"Hey, Mama?" I said. She hummed in response, keeping her eye on R5. "Can I go down in the crowd? I feel like I should have the full concert experience," I asked. "Sure, just bring Ryland down with you," Mama responded. "Come on, Ryland," I said, while pulling on his sleeve. "Okay, okay. Wait up," he said.

We made our down to the crowd. We pushed our way to about the middle. Ryland and I were dancing and jumping. I was loving how much fun I was having. I've never looked at R5 as a fan would. I never saw them as people I would worship, as some fans do. I must say, it's much different than what I'm used to.

The concert came to an end and Ryland left while I lagged behind. I eventually lost Ryland and got lost in the crowd. I got pushed. "Ouch," I groaned. "What the heck do you think you're doing here?" some brunette said. She had a whole group backing her up. "Enjoying a concert. What the heck are you doing pushing people on purpose?" I retorted, standing up. "You think you're so funny, don't you?" she asked. She was all up in my face. "I'm still surprised they care about you," she taunted, "Do you think you're special? Do you think just because you're their sister, they still accept you?" Tears threatened to fall but I held them back. "Yeah. You know why? It's because they love me," I assured her... And myself. "Princess, if they loved you, why aren't they here? Why aren't they here, backing you up?" she smirked.

I looked around. She was right, they aren't here. Have they even noticed I was gone? I thought. "See?" the girl asked. Her friends chuckled.  She pushed me once more and I fell to the ground in tears. The girls walked away.

I ran backstage. There I saw everyone, including the opening acts, celebrating the first concert of the tour. I smiled to myself as I watched them with tears in my eyes. It's nice to know they're happy, I thought. I slid into a ladies room, unnoticed. I looked around to see no one was there.

I walked into a stall and closed and locked the door. I slid down it and cried into my knees. They still love me. They still love me, I repeated in my head. "But... Why weren't they there when I needed them most? Why didn't they notice I wasn't there?" I asked myself, outloud. I reached into my hoodie pocket and pulled out a small pocket knife. I mainly use it for self defense now. I haven't cut in a while, almost a year and a half.

I cut at scarred skin and fresh skin. I feel the blood dribble down my arm and fall to the floor. I think about how my family wasn't there for me when I needed them. I think about how those girls might have been right. I think about how pitiful I am. I decided to try something new. I rose the knife right to my face and cut a shallow line following my hairline. I screamed as the knife cut into my skin. The blood fell down my face and on my clothes. The blood dampened my hair, as well.

"Hello? Hello?!" Mama yelled, while banging on the stall door. I kept silent. "Miss, are you okay? I heard you scream," she said. I still stayed quiet. "Oh my stars! Is that blood?" Mama exclaimed, "Do you need help?" "No," I said, trying to disguise my voice. "Mom, what's happening? Who is that?" I heard Rydel ask. "Delly, let's go. I don't think this woman needs help," Mama reasoned.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, when the bathroom door slammed. I teared up once more but forced myself not to cry. I got out of the stall and made my way to the sink. I washed out the cuts on my arms with water and dabbed a wet paper towel on my head. Once I confirmed that I looked completely normal, I headed out of the restroom to meet up with my family.

Hey guys!! Hope you liked the chapter. Sorry for any confusion on the last A/N. THEY'RE NOT BREAKING UP. And (I hope) they won't be for a while. *knock on wood* I just wrote that because I saw the picture and I needed to let some feelings out. I may not be blood-related, but they're still family and I'm so proud of how far they've come.

Anyway, remember I love and live for comments. I love hearing your opinions. I really love input and suggestions. Who else isn't ready for Ross's birthday? I don't like seeing them grow up, but I know it's for the greater good.

Thanks for reading!! Love you guys!! ❤️✌️