Chapter 4

I woke up to the sound of a beeping monitor. As I tried my best not to fall back asleep, I realized I was still in the ambulance car. I looked around and saw a paramedic yelling at the driver to go faster. I stole a glance to my side and did a double-take. My mama was sobbing on Daddy's shoulder and Daddy was trying to comfort her. I wanted to tell them this is the only way. But then I felt my eyes drooping once again.

"Oh, come on! Please!" Ryland yelled. I was on my bed in my room. I put my book down on the nightstand to look at him. "Why would I, again?" I asked.

"What's going on? We could hear you from the living room," Ross said while walking in with Riker and Rocky. "Ry thinks that I should get out of the house," I replied. "Honestly, I think he's right. Reignbow-Cakes. You got to get out of this room. And why is it so dark in here?" Rydel said, who just walked in. She pulled the curtains back and let the light in. "Aaahh! So bright!" I exclaimed as I rolled off the bed.

"When was the last time you got out of the house?" Rocky asked. I stayed silent. Rocky didn't have to ask, we all knew that I haven't out in weeks, almost a month. "That's what I thought. Come on, it'll be fun," he said. "Yeah, when was the last time we did something together as a family?" Ross asked.

I got off the ground. "Fine, what are we doing?" I asked. They looked at each other. "TO THE MALL!!!!" they yelled.

After Mama dropped us off at the mall, Rydel pulled me over to a girl's clothing store. "Come on, Reignbow!" Rydel exclaimed. "Woah guys! Wait up! Don't you remember who's the adult supervision?" Riker yelled while trying to catch up with us.

"How about we go eat first? Then we'll go do whatever we want. We have to do at least one thing together," Ryland pointed out. "Good idea, let's head for the food court," Rydel replied. As we made our way to the food court, Rydel noticed I looked a little down. "What's wrong?" she asked while nudging me. "Nothing, it's just that I was really looking forward to finishing that book today and maybe going to the library to get more," I replied. "Oh. Well, don't you want to hang with us? I mean, we are your family," Rydel said. "I love you guys, but the thing is-" I started. "Hey guys want do want to eat?" Ross interrupted. "Yeah, one sec," Rydel said, "you were saying?" "Nevermind, we can talk after," I said. She shrugged and caught up with the boys.

"The thing is that I just feel different, like I don't fit in," I said to myself.

"Come on, Rei!" Ryland yelled.

I sighed and ran to catch up with them.

Thanks so much for over 100 reads! I'd like to give credit to one of my closest friends, myunicornlover101. She's my co-writer and my editor. She comes up with amazing ideas for this story, she corrects my grammar, and yada-yada-yada. So a lot of credit goes to her. 

If your confused as to why Rydel called Rei "Reignbow" or "Reignbow-Cakes", I just thought those were adorable nick-names. Her real name was supposed to be Reignbow in the first place with her nick-name as Rei, but I kinda just let that idea go. If you want to know how she got that nick-name, it's in Chapter 1. 

Anyway, thanks again for 100 reads! See you next update!