Chapter 9

I wander into consciousness. I felt the gurney being pushed. I'm probably going to the emergency room, I thought. One of the nurses saw that my eyes were slightly opened. "Don't worry, honey. You'll be perfectly fine," she said to me. I blacked out.

"Rei, can you pass the mashed potatoes?" Ross requested. "Yeah, here," I said as I handed him said food. We ate in comfortable silence, until my phone went off. "Ugh," everybody- but Mama and Daddy- said. "May I excuse myself?" I asked Mama. "If it's Lucas, no way," Rocky said. "Rocky," Mama said, sending a glare his way, "Go ahead, Rei."

I jumped out of my seat and made my way to the living room. "I don't like him," I heard Riker say on my way out.

Lucas and I have been talking non-stop ever since I first called him to tell him I patched things up with my family. We haven't actually got together though.

I sat on the couch and answered the call. "Hey, Rei! How're you doing?" Lucas greeted. "Hey Lucas! I'm doing great. How about you?" I replied. "I'm good. I was wondering if you'd like to hang out tomorrow. Are you free?" he said. "Yeah, I'd love to. Text me the deets. I have to get back to dinner," I said. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

"What'd he want?" Ryland asked as soon as I can back through the door. "Nothing. He just wanted to hang out tomorrow. We're free, so I can go," I replied as I took my seat. "Actually, no. Because we are all free, we are going to the beach. Therefore, you are not free. Therefore, you cannot hang out with Lucas tomorrow," Riker stated, a smug look on his face. "We are?" I asked. "Yes, we are," Rocky said. I looked at all of them in disbelief and confusion. "If you guys are just planning this now so I can't see Lucas-" I started. "Actually no," Mama interrupted, "We were discussing this while you were on the phone." "Ugh," I groaned.

The next day, bright and early in the morning, we went to the beach. I was still sad about not seeing Lucas, but I can always hang out with him another time. "Rei, I want to teach you how to surf," Ross said. "That sounds more like an order than an invitation," I replied jokingly, "Besides we all know I can't surf. Remember last time?" "This time will be different. You got me teaching you. You know, instead of Riker and Rocky," Ross replied with a smirk.

"I'm doing it!" I yelled happily. "See? I knew you could!" Ross yelled back. "Oh, shoot!" I exclaimed. I lost my footing and crashed into a swimmer. "Ow," a male voice said, "Rei, we have to stop meeting like this." "Wait, what?" I asked to myself quietly. I turned around and came face to face with Lucas. "How you doing?" he asked, with a smirk. "Oh, wow! Hi! Fancy meeting you here, stranger," I relied with a laugh. Lucas chuckled and passed me my board. "Thanks," I said.

"Rei! Are you okay?" Ross asked, concern laced in his voice. "I'm fine, thanks," I replied. Ross looked over to Lucas and I saw distaste cross his face before he forced himself to put on a smile. "Hey, man. Great to see you," he said. Wow, no wonder he's on Disney, I thought. "Really? Because last time we saw each other, you and the others were dragging Rei away and looking particularly mad," Lucas said as he shook Ross's hand. I chuckled at what he said.

Ross swam over and put a protective arm around me. "It's nothing personal, Lucas. We're just very, very protective of our little Reignbow-Cakes," he said, an obviously fake smile on his face. "Ross," I scolded, blush appearing on my face. "No, it's okay. I get it," Lucas replied, "By the way, that's a really cute nickname, Rei."

We said goodbye to Lucas and swam back to the beach. "Oh my gosh, Rei! Are you okay?" Rydel asked, hugging me. "Yeah. Don't worry about it. I'm fine," I replied. "What took you guys so long?" Riker asked. "Who were you talking to?" Ratliff added. "We ran into Lucas, of all people," Ross said, disgust in his voice. "Oh," everyone else said, disapproval evident. I frowned at their reaction. "I don't get it. Why don't you guys like him?" I asked. "It's nothing personal, Rei. We just have a really bad feeling about him. We think you deserve better," Riker said. "But we're not even dating!" I exclaimed. "We know that, Reignbow, but we don't know where this guy has been," Rydel said. "You don't know where Ell's been the first time we met him. Guys, this is how you make friends," I pleaded. "You have plenty of friends," Riker offered, yet he sounded unsure of it. Rocky smacked him on the back of the head. We all knew I had no friends. I don't interact at all. Lucas could be my only chance to make a friend who accepts me for me and not for R5. I needed them to believe that...

Hey guys!! I'm so sorry it's been a while since I updated. Just know I'm a very busy fangirl and a lot has been on my mind lately. Also know that Rei and this fanfiction are my top priorities.

Also, I kind of think Rei's kind of getting a little OOC. Tell me in the comments if  you agree. (Lol, that rhymes)

Anyway, thanks for supporting this story. I love you guys with all my heart. Bye! ❤️✌️