Chapter 10

I wake up knowing that I will never sleep like that ever again. I told Terry last night about meeting Alex and her telling me why they pick Terry instead of me. I then told her about Scully and Rick but I had to try and keep a calm voice when I talked about the part with Rick’s hand which made her jump in horror but the most horrible part was telling her I am giving my self up so every spy can be let out. She cried at my words and instead of sleeping in her bed she slept with me. Right now she is still sleeping so I look at the time, 12pm. 3 hour before I meet HIM. I get change and walk straight to the canteen. I see people looking at me and giving sad looks. An 11 year old boy comes up and gives me something. It was a flower but not just any flower, a lily which represents May. I look down at the boy “Thank you” I kiss him on the cheek. He giggles and runs off. I will miss this place but I know Rick will be safe if I give my self up. I start to fill up but I know I have to be strong.

I went to Ginger, April, Flower and Sunshine to say my goodbyes but not many goodbyes were exchanged in stead more crying. I knew I had to see Red and thank her but also to tell her to help any wounded spies that are coming. Lastly Terry. I left her last because I don’t want to leave her but I have to say goodbye even if it hurts. I walk in and see she is still sleeping. I shake her slightly and her eyes open. “Afternoon sis, how did you sleep” I smiled at her.

“Terrible I dreamed that you were leaving me to save all the spies” she put her hands on her head trying to remember “I wish I could remember the rest” she smiled at me then looked at the time “I slept till 2:20pm” she jumped out of bed and ran to the closet “Oh no I am going to be late”.

I look at her “What are you going to be late for and those dreams weren’t dreams.” I see her face drop as she hears the words. She turns to me with tears in her eyes.

She runs up to me and squeezes my waist “Don’t leave Mary, I don’t want to lose you again” she places her head on my shoulder and I hear her crying.

“Listen Terry, I don’t want to leave you either but if it is the only way to keep you safe”. I stroke her hair until I hear the crying stop. I look at the clock, 2:30pm. I put my hands on Terry’s shoulders and push her back but I tighten my grip around her shoulder. “Terry please be strong I promise I will be back and we will be together, now you have to go to where ever you need to go and I need to go to Edinburgh” I grip a little harder “So don’t cry and be strong, also don’t let Rick come after me, promise” she nods and hugs me one more time and I leave without another word but I can here a ‘bye’. The door closes so I can’t reply.