Chapter 4 (Terry)

Terry’s view

“MAY, Rick help me” May was in my arms out cold and not responding to any of my shouts. Rick comes over wiping away his tears. He takes a hold of May and he also tries to get a respond until he stops and knows it is not working. He puts his head on her fore head  "please wake up, please".

He lifts his head from hers and says in a quite and quick voice “We have to take her to the nurse, hey what’s this” Rick takes out a dart from May’s neck and examines it “sleep drug or something else but how did it get in her neck? Unless it was the thing May saw at the window, it could have drugged her and what ever it was didn’t see us but why would they wanted May, why?” Rick kneeling with May in his arms and examining the dart carefully.

I was starting to get angry because we were sitting here not moving “Hello, May needs a nurse or you might not get your answer and we will never see May again at this rate” I started to walk to the door with Rick who was holding May in two arms now. He had laid the dart on May’s body and starts to speed walk right to the nurse.

*

“Is she ok nurse” Rick stood up after 10 minutes waiting outside the door for the results? “Can I see her?”

 “Please may I see that dart Cherry” the nurse asks. I hand the dart over to the nurse hoping it was not deadly and it hadn’t killed May. “Yes, I see she has had a douse of sonata, zaleplon, sleeping drug which is not harmful but maybe a while before she wakes up but she is fine and yes you may see her” She smiles at both of us. The nurse had cared for me when I started here; she was like a mother to me I always love to talk to her if I was sad, angry or scared.

“Thank you, thank you” Rick runs in. I don’t get to see what he does because the nurse holds me back.

“Cherry I want to ask was there anyone in the room with May and I want the truth” She sits me down and looks in my eyes.

“Yes Rick and me but May did run to the window and shout for someone to come back, do you think the person at the window did it because Rick didn’t do it to her, he was crying about his dad or something and I would not do that I can’t even hold a gun let alone dart someone.”

“No I know it was not you and if Rick was crying then it had to be the person that was at May’s window but thank you Terry”  she stands up and so do I “you may go in now ”   I hug the nurse and walk in to see Rick bowing his head over May’s body.