Chapter 5 (Terry)

2 days have past since May was darted and she has not woken up. Everyone is worried, Star was first to find out, then news spread and almost everyone came. Rick stayed and has not slept he wants May to wake up but everyone dose. Yesterday I said he could sleep and I would wake him, so he slept like a baby.  6 hours he slept. When he woke he did not leave May’s side unless he had to go to the toilet.

“Rick you have to eat, May would not want to see you starve, here eat this”. I get a packet of crisps out of my pocket and hand them to Rick “Please Rick, at least for May’s sake”. He dose eat but only little amounts at a time like he was savouring them but I walk away slightly and yawn.

“Cherry, thank you for staying with me and for the crisps, no-one has ever been so kind. You know I love your sister” he turns to May’s body still and peaceful “I promise that I would not leave her unless I had a missions, I don’t want her to get hurt if she came with me”. I start crying because no-one has ever well respected me since I started because I could never hurt anyone how ever bad they were. He did not want to see May hurt or injured luckily he did not see me crying or he would think I was soft now that Mary was here. “Cherry are you ok because your eyes are watering up”

“Yeah I am fine just tired, a bit” and I am happy that Rick met Mary.  Rick and me use to be friends and well I have never seen him so happy before “I will rest and when I wake up you can rest while I watch over May”

“Ok, Cherry but what if May’s friends come and start judging me what will I do then”

“I don’t think they will judge you, more like praise you. Rick, you have stayed by May’s side for nearly 3 days I think you will be fine”

“Thanks C...” he pauses “Terry, night” he used my real name for the first time since we became friends. I was happy to know he loved my sister and respected me as a friend again not an annoying sister who was staying with him.

When I woke, I must have had 12 hours because it was nearly 12pm. I see Rick sleeping I knew he couldn’t wake me so he must have thought he would get a few hours but maybe he must have fallen a sleep for 8 ,9 hours and lastly I look at May’s bed but May was not in it! Where was she? I sit up panicking thinking that person came back for May and we had slept through it all. A toilet sounds through the door, next to the door to the corridor and May appears yawning. She shuts the door quietly and turns round to sees me up right looking wide eyed and shocked.

“Good morning sis, how did you sleep” she was smiling like nothing had happened 3 days ago. My heart was still pounding loudly and I guess she could hear it “Terry are you ok? You look like you have seen a ghost” she giggles with a smile on her face like she had slept for an hour but I was relived that she was in a good mood, well for now.

“You... you are up but... but how” I was still speechless but I knew my wide eyes showed that and my fast breathing

“I feel hungry, want to get lunch in the canteen, oh how long have I slept because I think is only a night but can you tell me. Alos thanks for taking me to the nurse after my faint it must have been all this spy business” she walks over to her bed where Rick is still asleep, kisses him on the cheek and gets her clean clothes but she looks up at her watch, she tap it like it had broke over the night that she thinks she slept for, but I knew she was waiting for the answer that I still have not answered but she still was smiling.

 “May, you have slept for 3 days and everyone is worried about you” I splutter out I know by her face her good mood has gone but has left shock behind.