Chapter 3

“What the, May you get lost for 5 minutes and we find you kissing the bosses son, what have you got to say” Star was nag, nag, nagging on.

“One he kissed me first, then I kissed him” I blushed and bowed my head  “second what you mean the bosses son?”

“May that was Rick, right”

“Yes” I was walking down the hall, it was quite, everyone must have a rush hour down here. I want one of my friends speak up and help out.

“Yes well Rick is John’s son and John is our boss. Rick is second in charge but I am still confused why did he not tell you off and ask you why you had stopped with him. The same thing happened to me apart from him kissing me like he did to you, he shouting telling me to watch it and he at that time he  was 10.”

“Star leave her, she has had a long journey, leave it for tomorrow. Right now we have to get her room ready or have you forgotten about that. Anyway you had a boyfriend on your first day too, what is his name oh yes Michael or is it marshmallow, which one Star” Sunshine smiled and looked at Star. Her cheeks were bright red. I have never seen her cheeks go so red before.

“Fine I will leave it, for now” she walked faster and everyone had to jog to catch up with her. Sunshine loves messing Star up that was one thing I like about her she is not scared of Star like the rest of us. Terry was already there and pinning up my posters from my old room. My bed in the middle, my clothes in draws and painted the room in half with one half red the other pink.

“Terry you did this by yourself, wow, you are fast!” Sunshine was stunned but everyone was speechless “we leave you for five minutes and you can do all this yourself your speedy you know that”.

Terry finishes the last poster and smiles with blobs of paint on her face, hands and clothes “Thanks, yeah I did this my self well with a little help, come out”. Rick comes out. How did he get here before us and how did he know where I stayed?

“What are you doing here boss boy, I never knew you were allowed down with the commeners” Star was taking her rage out and going red “you are not welcome anyway, get out!”.

“Hey I thought it might be nice for Mary to met Rick because his dad wants him to help her on missions too.” Terry was confused why Star was mad at Rick and why he needed to go.

“He has all ready met May, a bit to well and is she right your daddy has made you a helper for May?”Star hated to here things from other instead of the person coming to her to tell her. Terry was confused I think she was thinking about what Star had said.

“Yeah my dad told me to tell her but I guessed you were still finding your way when I found your sister here alone” Rick looked at me and smiled his perfect smile and looked at my stunned friends, but continued anyway “so I asked if I could help and she said I could but also wait till you got here. I was not expecting all your friends”

“Yeah well we stick together and nothing can separate us, not even a boy.” Star scowls at Rick.

“Guys can you leave me to explain to Terry alone with Rick, please if that is not a problem”. I ask politely but Star did not want to leave.

“May I am not leaving you with him”. She folded her arms and stomped one foot on the floor.

“Come on Star lets leave them and get a drink at the canteen, see you tomorrow May and Terry”. Ginger was my hero she got them out I smiled my thank you and she did the same to say no problem or was it good luck

“Mary, what did Star mean?” Terry still was confused but I could not help my self I started crying. I hate it when my friends get angry with me or starts shout.  When Rick sees my face he walks over and hugs me in his warm grasp. I could hear Terry under her breath ‘oh that is what she meant’. She walks over to me “it is ok, sshhh don’t cry” and starts to stock my hair out my face.

Rick takes my chin and makes me look at him and my tears are still streaming but he does not care. He kisses me on the lips gently and a smile appears on my face. He smiles back with a gleam in his eyes. I wipe my tears on a handkerchief that Terry found in her pocket.

“Thank you and sorry for this, I just hate seeing my friend’s shouting and arguing like that”. I laugh still wiping my tears away.

Rick lets go of me, while walking away from me he starts talks “May sorry I didn’t tell you, I am the bosses son” He sit down on my bed and bows his head in shame looking down at his shoes “I am sorry May, when I bumped into you I forgot every thing apart from well you I just clicked off and only wanted you and only you, I love you May and I never want to let you go , when my dad heard you were here, well he told me that I have to repay you for your mum for what she did for my dad 8 years ago” I thought I could cry, Rick stopped talking I thought he had just gone quite but no when I listened really hard he was crying.

“Rick are you ok” I start to walk but I stop and look out the window. Someone was looking in and when they see me looking they run. I run to the window and shout “Hey wait you, stop” but they are gone. I start to wobble then fall on my knees, I here my name but I can’t speak and I collapse on the floor while all the lights black out.