Flightless birds

Tyler woke up to Josh's leg over him along with his arm across his neck. He stiffened.
Josh snored, rolling over.
Tyler exhaled. Thank god, Josh would have felt weird if he woke up to that.

Why did he care so much about what Josh felt? It was much more than just simply caring about a friend, or a best friend. Tyler couldn't place what he was feeling anywhere. But he was able to label it: confused.

Instead of trying to place what he felt for Josh, he tried to figure out his situation with Jenna.

They had been fighting for what felt like forever, even before they officially started fighting Jenna was acting weird..

Tyler sat up, scratching the top of his head.

He just wished everything could go back to normal.

"..Tyler..??" Josh mumbled, rolling over to see him.
He nearly jumped when Josh spoke.
"Sorry, I'll go... I-I guess I just.. passed out last night, sorry..." He spoke quickly and tried to hurry out of Josh's bed, but his foot got caught in the covers- flinging him too the floor.

"Are you okay!!?!" Josh was by Tyler's side helping him up.
"..I'll go" Tyler sighed, flattening his hair back in place. "I'm sorry"
"Tyler. Stop." Josh said dully " I mean, stop apologizing. You did nothing wrong, if anything I should be the one apologizing for startling you.."

Tyler looked at Josh's feet in order to avoid his eyes. Josh kept speaking "dude you can stay here as long as you need.. You can even sleep in here too, I don't care.. Just please- promise me.. You won't freak out every time I breath."
Tyler looked up slowly to see Josh's crooked smile.
"I promise" he smiled back at Josh.