chapter 26

Reagans pov

We walked out of the Dr.'s office and Joe immediately took my hand and asked me if I was ok. Strangely enough I was. I half expected them to tell me that my levels had crashed again and I was headed back to the loony bin. Finding out that I had high blood pressure which in pregnancy terms was a mild case of preeclampsia I felt amazingly normal. I had read about preeclampsia and I had known all along it was one of the risks of my antidepressant. But the Dr. didn't feel that the condition was severe enough at this time to warrant stopping the medication completely. I did have to lower the dosage a little and would have to be monitored twice as much as I already was. Not ideal , but certainly better than it could have been.

We got home and Joe insisted I get into bed. I grinned when I asked him to join me because I couldn't help but think about how shy he was trying to ask the Dr. if get plenty of rest meant no more sexy time. I embarrassed him so much when I blurted out "what my husband wants to know is if we can still do it every night." Hey it was an important question and lucky for us both for now the answer is yes. We changed into some comfortable clothes and Joe checked our messages. We had 11 missed calls from Stephanie. Joe and Steph really hadn't talked since the night he "Lost" his championship and rumor around there was that she was still pretty pissed. I asked Joe if he was going to call her and see what she wanted but there really wasn't time for that. No sooner than he sat down on the bed beside me the doorbell rang.

"Stephanie? What are you doing here?" Joe asked as she let herself into our house. She spotted me as I was making my way to the couch and smiled before turning her attention back to Joe.

"I wouldn't be here is someone returned voice mails" she said matter of factly. "Look Joe, I know we didn't end our last encounter on the best note and I want to sincerely apologize for that. I should have been more understanding. I want you to know that the WWE is fully supportive of what you and Reagan are going through right now and both of your jobs are waiting for you as soon as you return."

I still hadn't decided if I wanted to work after the baby was born but I knew the news sure had to relieve Joe. He would never admit it but he was worried.

"Now let me get to the point of why I stopped by. " I knew there was a "point" she would get to eventually. "The two of you made quite a stir on twitter this morning posting pictures and talking to fans"

"Stephanie I'm sorry it was my fault, Joe told me we shouldn't"

"Reagan it was great. The WWE phones, website and social media accounts are blowing up with comments about you two. you have in one morning become the new sweethearts of the WWE. I think its a great way to keep Joe relevant and on peoples minds during his hiatus. And seeing the reaction fans are having, I came up with a wonderful idea. How would you two like to do a weekly call in show to air on the WWE network. Fans could call in and talk to you both, ask questions.. They had a ton of questions."

Stephanie finished her pitch and I could tell Joe was hesitant. "I'm not sure Reagan is up to it right now. She got Dr's orders to rest."

"well we could film it right here so she wouldn't have to leave the house. "at home with Roman and Reagan" That has a great ring to it doesn't it. " Stephanie was over the top excited about it and I have to admit I was intrigued. I jumped on board and the two of us worked together to convince Joe.

"Alright but there is a condition. And this condition is the deal breaker" Joe was firm. "All calls will be prescreened before they reach us and there will be no and I mean absolutely no discussion whatsoever of Reagan's medical issues. Other than that I am game."

I smiled and Stephanie beamed and the two of them made arrangements. The first broadcast was going to be Friday night.

The time arrived and as cameramen and techs filled the house installing phone lines and microphones I worried about whether I had made a mistake. Joe and I were seated together on the couch as Stephanie opened the segment and the calls began rolling in. The broadcast was going to air once a week and we would take 10 calls per session.