chapter 21

Romans POV

I finally told Doc about the WWE's revised plan for the title and to say she was not happy about it would have been an understatement. She tried to put on a brave face, she told me I should do it, just like Steph said she would. But I know Doc and all of the ins and outs of her. She was not pleased at all. I had to be back out on the road the next afternoon and was gone 6 more days until I finally got to go home and actually sleep there for 3 nights. Colby had decided to stay in a hotel for those 3 nights to give me and Doc some alone time.

"Good night. I'll see you in the morning" she said before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Reagan, its 7pm and we haven't spent any time together in weeks. Are you telling me you are going to bed so that I will follow you into the bedroom and we will actually not go to bed?"

"No. I am telling you I am going to bed because I am tired and I do not want you waking me up screaming at the TV screen every time someone scores."

Well I knew for certain at that point who wouldn't be scoring. THIS GUY.

The next morning I woke up to a vacant spot in the bed next to me so I pulled on my sweats and went into the kitchen. Reagan was in there making breakfast.

"who's coming over?" I asked looking at the pile of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns that she had assembled. She had made enough food to feed a small army.

"No one" Then she smiled a little and acknowledged the abundance of food. "I guess I got a little carried away. I couldn't sleep so I got up a bit early and just felt like cooking breakfast. I wasn't sure what I felt like eating so I just made some of it all." She was moving around the kitchen at 100 miles an hour. "aren't you going to sit down and eat with me?" I asked as she put the food on the table and immediately started doing the dishes." No I'm not really hungry .I thought I was but smelling all of this stuff while it was cooking

made me a little queasy. I've got a lot to do anyway. The stuff I ordered for the baby is being delivered this morning."

As if on cue the doorbell rang and I watched quietly as load upon load was being hauled into our apartment and put into the small room we had designated as a nursery. By the time all of Reagans purchases had been put in there I had my doubts as to whether a baby would even fit. "what?" she snapped as she watched me inspect all of the boxes. "nothing. Its just that this is a lot of stuff... and I mean.. a toddler bed? That maybe could have waited ..."

"Oh I see. " she said and then didn't say anything more. "Honey. .It's great really. I'm sorry. I love everything you picked out."

"I'm sorry that I got a little carried away" she then said. "I probably shouldn't have spent so much."

"Reagan I don't care about the money. Its not that at all. Its just that this apartment is a little small. We had talked about buying a larger house, maybe it's time we start looking." Her eyes perked up a little and she got an excited tone to her voice. "You don't have to worry about that baby. I already bought one."

Ok.I took a deep breath and tried to regulate my words carefully. "You bought a house?"

"Yes. Like you said we talked about it but we never really did anything about it. And you are never here and I wasn't sure when we would get the time so I just took care of it myself. There are some pictures of it in my phone if you want to see."

I scrolled through her phone and it was a beautiful house. But that was clearly not the issue here.

"you don't like it? " "Reagan I love it. Its a beautiful house. But its a house. It's not like buying some baby stuff or something. This is a house. Something we will spend the rest of our lives living in. Don't you think maybe we should have picked it out together?"

"Together? Well that would be pretty difficult considering we are never together anymore. And besides what difference does it make to you what sort of house we live in because the only interest you have in anything seems to be what's going on in the bedroom."

Where the hell did that come from? I knew in my heart that these things were coming from a darker place within her and she didn't mean them, but she was still pissing me off.

"Its not like anything has been going on in our bedroom lately anyway." Damnit why did I say that? Why didn't I just leave it alone.

"Oh, I see. That's what this is really all about. Your pissed off because you haven't been getting laid while you have been here. I am so sorry I have been too busy doing everything for this baby and this family by myself that I have been too exhausted to take care of your sexual desires. Lets just take care of them right now."

She was screaming louder than I had every heard her and she was frantically pulling her clothes off. Once she was stripped down she went to work roughly pulling off mine.

"Reagan stop it" I didn't want it. Not like this.

"What? you want sex right? Lets have sex." She was still pulling at my clothes and kissing me and instead of turning me on the whole thing just had me pushed to my breaking point. I took her wrists and removed her hands from my body.

"Regan stop it" I screamed at her without even realizing. She pulled back and looked at me. Our eyes locked. Our eyes welling with tears.

"what the hell is happening to you" I asked her as tears began to flow down my cheeks.

She was crying now too as she softened up and collapsed into my arms. She sobbed into my chest.

"I don't know"