Chapter Thirty-Two (Part 3)

I know two chappies in one day! After looking at Word, I've realised one part a day will not be enough if I intend to finish the story for the New Year. So it's your lucky day! xD I hope you enjoy this chapter too.

This chapter is dedicated to @harleenkhan for being a TOP VOTER. Thank you for pressing that little star, you're a star! Hahaha...no, not funny? Okay... *zip*

***

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO (PART THREE)

Sapphire

It's about to turn ten and most of us are in the living room waiting on Silver and Sky to come. With only one bathroom, there had been a long queue and they were still getting ready. I was leaning against Emeraldo, trying to rest before the active day ahead of us, and I must say that he looked so good! When he had come in, dressed in his military jacket and trousers, with his hair neatly swept to the side, my heart dropped a little bit. He'd come straight towards me and whispered:

"Like what you see?" I had playfully pushed him before hugging him. Being one of the first to be ready, I'd filled him in on what we'd discussed in the kitchen. He'd suggested that we made our way to the park before twelve, so that we would be by the clock on time. At first the girls and I weren't sure, but we realised that as it was snowing it would be best. We were now currently discussing strategies.

"So are we actually going to use our swords?" Amber asks.

"Obviously!" Scarlett responds straight away. "I doubt they're there for decoration."

"Well excuse me miss but you have the gift of strength, you can kick anyone's butt in a flash whereas I do not have that ability, and I'm not a violent person," Amber explains.

"You'll be fine, you've seen films right? Just swipe to the left, then the right and act like you're a musketeer," Scarlett says like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm not sure...I mean we don't even know what or who we're fighting!" Amber replies unsure.

"It's true," Amethyst agrees. "We don't know much apart from the fact that we're fighting bad people, demons to be more precise but which form are they going to be in?"

"I've been thinking about that all night!" Jade says coming in and sitting next to Amber. "Are we supposed to look for humans or animals? What does a generic demon even look like?"

"Guys, I completely understand what you mean but I think we just need to wait and see what happens," I tell them.

"But I like to be prepared," Jade says.

"Me too!" Snow agrees. "I wish the archangels had stayed this whole time, I have so much to ask them."

"I know but think about the fact that if they left us, it's because they know that this mission is not out of our reach," I say attempting to reassure everyone.

"I hear you but didn't they say that they were coming back anyway? Why aren't they here?" Jade asks.

"They'll probably come once or just before it starts," I guess.

"Hmm...let's hope so," he says unconvinced.

"Aw, c'mon guys. Now's not the time to start doubting, where's your faith?" I ask, looking around the room.

When the room stays silent I sigh and say no more. Witnessing this, Indigo stands up and says:

"Guys, Sapphire's right. You need to keep faith! I mean the battle hasn't even started and look at us; we need to be united right now, saying words of encouragement to each other. We need that drive and belief that we will succeed and be victorious if we want to be victorious. Don't let our enemies put doubt in your head, that's what they want so that we can be beaten but we're better and stronger than that. Remember what's at stake here – the future of humanity. We are the last twelve soldiers of God's army, so let's make him proud!"

As soon as he finishes, an eruption of cheers sweep the room, he has really touched us with his words, and I was now more determined than ever to go out there and destroy every enemy in our path.

"Great speech Indigo!" Silver says coming in the room, with some of the boxes of swords in his hands, followed by Sky and Cordovan who had gone to help him carry the rest. They hand out each sword before sitting down.

"Right guys, this is crunch time, in a couple of hours the snow will stop and we will hear thunder," Indigo starts to say. "After discussing this with some of the girls..."

"And boys," Emeraldo says coughing.

"And boys...we think it's best we make our way to the park before. So that when the signal comes we are ready and we can call on Michael and the other angels to help us!" he continues.

"Sounds good," Silver says more to himself than us.

"One question sorry," Scarlett says interrupting. "Totally random but I was wondering are we supposed to go out in these gowns without coats or scarfs? I mean it's snowing!" When we all look at her in disbelief she looks down and blushes.

"Just a thought," she says quietly. I laugh really hard at her question, I mean here we are about to discuss the best techniques to destroy demons and to save the world, and there she is asking about the comfort of what we're wearing.

"I'm afraid for these next few hours you might not be comfortably warm. Sorry Princess Scarlett," I say teasingly. "At least your feet will be warm," I say pointing to the twelve leather boots that had appeared out of nowhere this morning.

"See, if they provided us with boots they could have easily provided us with coats too!" Scarlett says, wanting to make her point.

"Yes Scarlett, thank you. Can we move on?" Indigo asks with a smile on his face. She rolls her eyes and says:

"Yes, you may."

"Thank you. Three more things, one, before we go I'd like all of us to practice our powers so we can get into the habit, two we need to put our swords together before we leave and pray, and lastly this," he says taking out a note from his trouser pockets. "I found this under my pillow when I woke up."

"What does it say?" Snow asks.

"It just has all of our names on it," he says simply.

"Can I see it?" I ask him. He nods and hands the note to me. I inspect it and see that indeed it was just a piece of paper with our names on it. I feel Amber coming closer to me as she takes a look at it too.

"Order!" we exclaim at the same time.

"Wow girls, y'all need to stop doing that!" Scarlett says.

"What order...oh our names are in order?" Indigo asks.

"But what order could they be in?" Sky asks. "We've never been told there was an order..."

"Maybe today we'll need to do something in order?" Emeraldo suggests.

"Argh, this ambiguity is giving me a headache," Jade says sighing.

"Tell us the order then!" Silver says.

"It looks like it's in the order of the rainbow - well almost. Normal rainbows don't have Silver or white...but close enough," I say. "But anyway, it says Silver..."

"First, where I deserve to be!" he says grinning as soon as I say his name.

"Like I was saying," I say ignoring his comment. "Silver, then Sky, then me Sapphire, followed by Indigo, Amethyst, Rose, Cordovan, Scarlett, Amber, Jade, Emeraldo and Snow. Everyone get that?"

"Err...nope," Scarlett says. "Who's before and after me again?"

"Okay let's try another way, I'll give everyone a number and that'll be the order, would that help?" I ask and luckily everyone nods.

"Silver's number one – definitely no pun intended!" I say making everyone laugh.

"Number two Sky, number three Sapphire, number four Indigo, number five Amethyst, number six Rose, number seven Cordovan, number eight Scarlett, number nine Amber, number ten Jade, number eleven Emeraldo and number twelve Snow."

"Thank you Sapphire. Make sure to remember your number guys!" Indigo says. "Right, I think we should practice a little bit before going and then we're good."