Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

Indigo

It was the morning after the ball and I wake up to find myself in bed with someone else. Wiping the sleep out of my eyes I look to see who it is. As soon as I see long dark wavy hair, I freak out and stand up.

"The flip?" I say removing the covers. I look around and see that we are in the girls' side of the room, which half reassures me (as it explains why one of them is next to me) but half doesn't, as if it's either Sapphire or Sky, Silver will destroy me.

"Mm...Indigo?" I hear the person say, I sigh with relief, as the voice does not belong to either of Silver's sisters.

"Scarlett, what are you doing in my bed?" I ask.

Turning around she says:

"Don't you mean, what are you doing in my bed. This is the girls bedroom!" she says raising her eyebrows.

"You know what I mean!" I say getting up.

I look down and see that I am still in my suit from yesterday, and that Scarlett is still in her dress also. I look around and see Rose, Silver, Sky, Sapphire and someone else I don't recognise.

"What happened last night? Who's that?" I ask. Sapphire gets up from the bed and says:

"I think her name is Present or Christmas or something like that."

"What are you talking about?" I ask pushing her playfully as she comes to my side.

"Ah...I don't know. What I do know though, is that I need a shower. Where are the bathrooms?"

"Come with me, I'll show you," I say leading the way to the girls' en-suite across the room. As we quietly make our way inside the bathroom's corridor I feel Scarlett look at me.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just trying to get my head around everything you told me yesterday and what not," she replies.

"Hmm yeah...must have been a lot to take in, especially as you've never been the religious or believing type, huh?" I say remembering the many discussions that we had had at school.

"Well it's not that I didn't want to believe in angels and stuff, it's just that...I don't know...I felt like I never had the right evidence to believe in them," she continues.

"But now you do?" I ask.

"Well I have to don't I? I mean first of all the dream that I had yesterday was so messed up, I thought there was a ghost in my house!" she begins, which makes me laugh. "It's true! And if I believe there's ghosts then why shouldn't I believe in angels right?" I nod at her logical statement.

"But most importantly, that freaky thing with the eyes and the necklace or amulet or whatever. That's real messed up!" she continues. Laughing I say:

"You know, in the last what...three months that I haven't seen you, I almost forgot that you had that annoying 'twang' as you would say, of an American accent."

"You forgot?" she asks in pretend shock. "Why, I can't believe it baby boy!" she says emphasising the accent even more.

"You are such a geek," I say, now leaning against the wall and shaking my head.