Chapter Six (Part 1)

CHAPTER SIX (PART ONE)

Sapphire

Going up the stairs, I am slightly nervous, as I don't know what to expect. I am already pretty freaked out by the fact that there is a secret sort of chamber in this apartment. It just sounds like a set up for an out-of-this-world fantasy story. When I reach the top of the stairs I am relieved. For one it isn't a chamber, secondly the place is huge. It's the same size as the whole of downstairs but instead of being separated into lots of different rooms there are only two main rooms; the first a communal area with a huge living room and an open-plan kitchen and dining area. The living room with its monochrome decor has a large flat screen television, luxury couches so clean I am scared to sit on them and a large bookcase taking up most of the far wall. The kitchen, equipped to satisfy a chef's dream, surrounds a large glass dining table with twelve chairs that in my opinion look more like mini-thrones; white with a gold emblem of an angel at the back. The second room, a humongous bedroom, is separated into two, by a long, thick, wall-to-wall white velvet curtain. On the right side of the curtain (the girl's side) there are two double beds and three single beds. On the left of the curtain (the boy's side), there are five single beds. Finally, there are two en-suite bathrooms, one for the boys and one for us. They each have a bath and not one, not two but three showers! I am amazed.

"This is too good to be true!" Silver says.

"Now Silver, have a little faith," I hear Gabriel say. "From now until the end of this month, you are permitted to use both downstairs and here, however after that on some days especially you will be required to stay here quietly."

"Something to add also..." Michael starts, "although there is a balcony outside of the main living area, you are not permitted to use it. On most days you'll be able to open it, leave the blinds open but on some you will be required to shut the windows and close the blinds."

"Fair enough," I hear Silver say. I nod agreeing.

"There is one more room that we will show you once the twelve of you are here but for now that is all!" Mary says making her way back down the stairs. "Any questions?"

"Yes," I say following her. "It's about the other people who will be helping us. Who are they, and where do we find them?"

"You'll find them everywhere and anywhere!" Gabriel answers.

"Could you elaborate, give us a clue? Do you know who they are, can't you just tell us?" Silver asks.

"We could," answers Michael. "But that would defeat the purpose of this test."

"It's a test?" asks Silver.

"We are seeing how in tune you are with your intuition and surroundings!" explains Raphael.

"It's not going to be that hard. You have a very easy clue to go by, which is 'colour'," Mary says. "Reflect on it and you'll soon figure it out, for now I must get going," she says making her way to the door with Michael, who waves us goodbye, leaving us alone with Gabriel and Raphael.