Chapter 25: Undeniable Sorrow. {Final}

This is the final chapter, everyone!  Until the next book, you'll have to wait for the next continuance. ;) Alright, it literally killed me to write this chapter...it really did. owo  Wow...  I hope you all like it, though. ♥ LOL, but you probably won't; you'll probably hate me for this.. |D  HOWEVER, remember there is another book, so think before you shout at me!! :P  I dedicate this chapter to truth000. c:  

Be sure to check out the multimedia!  I have a song that goes with this chapter, along with a picture! ^.^  I hope you all enjoy, and thank you all for reading this book!  Feedback is always appreciated~!  Until Fairy Tail: Shadows! ♡

яу-¢нαи,

тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ☆

=======================================================================

When Lucy saw the opening was clear, Lucy raced for it, the building starting to crumble.  Now that the machine was in progress, storm clouds were rolling in and thunder cracked through the sky.  Lucy struggled to keep her footing, and with a gasp stopped when bricks from the ceiling fell right in front of her.  When the dust cleared, she jumped the rocks, continuing on as fast as possible.  She ran across the crumbling hallway, trying to find her way out before the building collapsed and she was squashed.

Good!  We've defeated Loren and Lores and all that's left is destroying that machine!  She thought, her breath catching as she ran through the bricked-hallway.  I hope I'm going the right way!

She crossed her arms to protect herself from the smaller debris and the dust clouds, dashing through it quickly.  Hope swelled in Lucy's chest when she saw clearness up ahead.  

But suddenly, she stopped, gasping as she realized she was over the chasm, on the bridge; halfway over it, too.

I've got to hurry!  She thought, sweat dripping down her brow as she started to dart across the bridge with the activated machine in sight.  Where is--?

"Ahhh!"  Lucy screamed, feeling the ground crumble underneath her.

Before she could fall, however, she grabbed ahold of the side of the bridge and clung on for dear life.  She was hanging on by one hand, however, and didn't want to risk the problem of the bridge crumbling further, sending her to her death.

"Oh no!"  Lucy exclaimed, fear making her eyes go wide with dismay.  "S-Someone help...!"

A thunder-clap resounded through the air, and a wave of energy from the machine slammed into Lucy, almost making her grip falter.  She looked off at the end of the cliff, where on the steady earth was the giant machine a few yards away.  It was steadily increasing in power.

"T-The machine!"  Lucy exclaimed, adrenaline pumping through her veins.  "It's beginning to fire!  I..have to use..my keys.."  

Lucy expected to reach and grab the objects on her hips, but instead grabbed at empty air.

She choked.  My keys!  W-Where did they go?!

Horror shook Lucy's body as she realized she was helpless.  "Erza!  Gray! Happy; someone, help!"  

Please, Erza; Gray, Wendy!  Please be back already!

Lucy gasped, feeling another eruption shake the ground violently.

"No!"  Lucy exclaimed, the cobble stones starting to break apart.

Someone help me!  She exclaimed in her mind, pulling herself up to grab farther forward to keep a hold as the edge she was clinging onto was breaking apart.