Chapter 21: A Battle of Ages

Hello, minna-san~!  Here is the next chapter, I hope you all like it! ♥ I dedicate this chapter to Erza_Lucy25! ^^  Thanks for the feedback you've given me lately..it means a lot. c:  So, I thought I should thank you like this! ^.^  She's really nice too, so go fan her as well! I hope you all enjoy, and feedback is very much appreciated.  Until next time, minna~!

яу-¢нαи,

тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ♡

=======================================================================

Loren let the water flow out from the Casting of Magic, and it steamed through the air.  Thrusting her hand through the air, the water shot off like a bullet towards Gray and Erza.

"Hot water!"  Erza exclaimed.  "Look out!"

They jumped out of the way just in time, and Gray looked back to see the water practically burning the ground.

"That would've hurt.."  He muttered, but then turned back to Loren.  "What kind of magic is that, anyways?"

"With her dragon slayer magic, she's able to change the temperature of the water to the extremes..."  Carla murmured.  "It doesn't help the speed she also possesses."

Loren smirked.  "Now do you know what you're up against?"

Lunging forward, Erza switched into her Lightning Empress armor.  "Water, no matter the temperature, does not have an advantage over electricity!"

Bringing her staff forward, Loren and Erza collided.  Erza was about to electrify Loren when she surrounded her hand in her water magic, and slapped it onto Erza's hand.  Steam seemed to shoot in Erza's face, and she backed off to gain ground.

When she looked at her body, she saw steem rolling off her limbs.

"Erza!"  Wendy exclaimed in warning.

"What happened...to my body?"  Erza wondered softly, looking at her smoking hands.

Loren smirked.

All of the sudden Erza lost her armor, transforming into her black undershirt and pants.

"What the-?!"  Gray exclaimed, stopping.

"My magic was depleated!"  Erza exclaimed, and grunted when she suddenly dodged a blow from Loren's foot to her head.

Doing a couple backhand-springs, Erza came to a stop next to Gray and Wendy.

"She smothered your magic?"  Carla asked, incredulous.

Loren laughed, and everyone looked up from Erza, their expressions of shock turning to ones of anger.

"Of course!"  She exclaimed.  "I am able to keep you from using your magic for a few minutes; enough for an opening!"

"This isn't good..."  Gray muttered.  "We can't let her touch us, and we can't let her water hit us either."

"A formidable opponent."  Erza muttered.

"How're we supposed to defeat her, then?"  Wendy asked quietly, her face worried.

"We better come up with something quick, 'cause here she comes!"  Gray exclaimed, and they all grimaced as Loren darted forward.

"Moooo!!"  A voice exclaimed, and a giant axe slammed into the ground, where only seconds Loren had stood.

"Lucy!"  They all exlcaimed, surprised; yet there were relieved to see her.