Chapter 6: Natsu's Fight and Lucy's Nightmare!

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san!  ^.^ I hope you all enjoy this chapter, since it's just now published! ♥ I dedicate this chapter to kitcat5510! :D She's great, so be sure to fan her! I had a lot of fun swimming today, haha. I hope all of you are doing well. c: Anyways, feedback is very much appreciated, arigato! Until next time~!

{ яу-¢нαи | тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя }

====================================================================

Natsu slammed into the ground back-first with a loud crack, and blood spurted from his mouth as he exclaimed roughly in pain.  Forcing the pain away, Natsu rolled out of the way as one of the tiger's giant paws slammed into the ground where he just layed, and Natsu jumped back up to his feet and snarled.

The drape part of his clothing was torn to shreds, but Natsu didn't have any injuries except on his bare arm, where a cut resided.

Natsu had been doing well in dodging the tiger's attacks, but it had also been putting up a good fight.  Natsu had used his flames on the monster, but it seemed to be enduring every hit with ease.  Sure, its fur was singed, but it was still attacking ferociously.

Natsu looked over at Lucy's unconscious body.

"Hang on, Luce!  I'll beat this cat and we'll get on outta here!"  He exclaimed, his fists clenched in preparation as he stared the growling tiger down.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy stood in her father's study, where a kid-version of herself resided in front of her dad.

Please...  Lucy thought, though she wanted to speak it to her past self so much.  This ends badly.  Please, leave now!

But kid-Lucy didn't.

And Lucy was forced to watch the scene, despite her despair not to.

"Papa?"  Little Lucy asked, stopping at the side of her father's desk.

Her father was standing by the window, facing away.  "What?"

"I-Is it alright...if I play outside?"

"...I won't stop you."

Please, no..!  Lucy pleaded, tears on the corner of her eyes as she stood in front of the door, shining brightly but out of sight.

Little Lucy couldn't help the words that escaped her mouth.  "Thank you, Papa.  Do you want to come to?"

Stupid--!  Lucy thought, unable to shield her eyes.

"No."

"Oh come one, Papa!  It'll be fun!"

You're making him angry!  Lucy thought, taking a step forward in precaution.  Stop, please!

But Little Lucy didn't.  "We'll have fun times just like--"

She was interrupted as her father slammed his palm onto her cheek, slapping her coldly.

Little Lucy was forced back a few paces, and she collapsed to the ground in shock.  Staring at her father in fear, Little Lucy's mouth was shut.

"What did I say, Lucy?!"  Jude snarled at her, his eyes furious.  "No means no!  Why can't you learn to listen to your father?!  If you keep this up, you won't be aloud outside, ever!  You're a burden to me, so get out of my sight!"

When Little Lucy hadn't moved, Jude took a threatening step forward.  "Now!"

Stumbling to her feet, Little Lucy charged out the door, fearing her father.  Tears shined in the air as she ran, just as she was shutting the door behind her.  Lucy watched former-self disappear with despair, knowing that was coming.