Chapter 17: Last Mission With a Transformation

Hello, everyone! :D ♡ Here is the next chapter; I hope you all enjoy! ^.^  Wow, this one is a long one!!  I ended up not having Volleyball last night, which was weird. o.o  I was kinda disappointed, but that meant I was able to work on this chapter last night! ^^  So, I will continue with the dedication...I dedicate this chapter to truth000!  Again, she is a great writer, and I admire her. :)  I hope you all enjoy, and feedback is very much appreciated!  Until next time, minna-san!♥

яу-¢нαи, тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ☆

========================================================================

"I wish you all the best of luck,"  Master Makarov replied.

Team Lucy was heading off now; they were standing outside the gates of the Fairy Tail guild.  The rest of the guild - including Master - were a few feet away, by the doors of the guild.  They were bidding their farewell, making sure they set off safely.  Cana handed Lucy the communications card, stepping back into the crowd once Lucy had ahold of it.

Natsu had his arms crossed, while Lucy and the others resided behind him.  "Ah, we'll be back soon."

"Be safe, all of you."  Mira replied, and they all nodded.

"See you all soon, everyone."  Lucy replied.  "We'll get there for sure; definately!"

Erza, Wendy, and Gray were smiling with a mix of amusement and anticipation.  

Turning away, Team Lucy set off.

_________________________________________________________________________________

They made a good pace during the evening, but halfway through the night they stopped to rest, gaining some energy by eating and then sleeping the rest of the night.  When they set off the next day, Lucy started to get a tugging feeling inside her stomach, and she took that as a sign they were getting closer.  However, with every step they took, Lucy's stomach got worse.  At first, Lucy thought it was the fever coming back, but nothing else hurt but her stomach.  And even though it was hurting, it wasn't a normal stomach ache.  It felt different.

During their entire journey, the mountains had been in the distance, but as they approached it, the bigger and more nearer they became.  By the time they were about five miles away from them on the evening of the second traveling day, Erza asked Wendy and Natsu to fly over the mountians to find any caves.

"Wait."  Lucy replied, and they all stopped.  "There will be one specific cave that'll be different.  It'll have a mark on the top of the entrance.  I-It'll look like this..."

Taking a stick in her hand, Lucy drew a symbol on the ground, making the dirt form an impression.

She looked back up at Natsu.  "When you're looking at the caves - since I'm sure you'll find multiple - look for the symbol on the top of the cave.  I saw it in the vision, and the portal is located inside."

Natsu and Wendy nodded, Happy and Carla clinging onto them and taking off into the sky.  As they did so, Lucy focused on trying to make her stomach feel better.  Erza and Gray went to get fire wood, and Lucy was left alone.

By the time Natsu and Wendy came back, it was getting late.  Erza and Gray were sitting by the fire, eating, but Lucy wasn't there.

"Where'd Luce go?"  Natsu asked, looking around puzzledly.

Wendy sat down next to Erza, who answered.  "She went off on her own for some peace and quiet.  Her stomach has been reacting to the portal, so she went to try and take her mind off it."