List of Awesome People I'd Like To See Play The Doctor *Part 1*

As much as I love the actors that have played the wonderful Doctor, there are many I'd love to see play the wonderful character. For each actor/actress, I'll list some notable roles they've had and in a few or more sentences do some brief explaining as to why they'd make a great Doctor, the 13th Doctor to be exact. Enjoy (Another part will be coming soon)! 

Tom Hiddleston: This man is absolutely brilliant. Not only has he the amazing sense of humor inside characters and out, he's my favorite actor of all time. Playing Loki in the Marvel franchise, Freddie Page in the The Deep Blue Sea, Captain Nicholls in War Horse, Sir Thomas Sharpe in Crimson Peak, his credits and awards go on forever. Tom certainly has the potential for playing the Doctor, he's my NUMBER ONE PICK for the Doctor

Idris Elba: He has played Roque in The Losers, Heimdall in the Marvel franchise, Tango in American Gangster, Nelson Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, and many many more. He is a very accomplished, talented actor and winning many many awards I think he definitely has the abilities to play the Doctor. 

Benedict Cumberbatch: This man is one of the most talented actors in the business, by far. Playing the lead detective Sherlock in the hit BBC series Sherlock, Kahn in Star Trek: Into Darkness, Alan Turing in The Imitation Game, William Prince Ford in 12 Years A Slave, and many many many more credits in film, theater, television, and radio, Cumberbatch is not only an amazing guy, but he's also (as I've said before) an AMAZING actor. He would be fully equipped to take on the role of the Doctor. 

Cate Blanchett: Cate is an esteemed actress, in notable roles such as Galdriel in the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, Lady Tremaine in Cinderella, Jasmine Francis in Blue Jasmine, Sheba Hart in Notes On A Scandal, and many many more credits. She has an entire Wikipedia page on her awards she's won, and she's (obviously) a very very talented actress. Having a female Doctor would be awesome, and Cate Blanchett would be a wonderful woman to fill this role. 

Helena Bonham Carter: Another female actress that would make an amazing Doctor, Helena Bonham Carter is an outright amazing and outstanding actress. Notable roles such as Ophelia in Hamlet, Marla Singer in Fight Club, Ari in Planet of the Apes, Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland, and so many more credits it'd take up this entire list. Helena is an extremely talented actress that can play a range of characters, perfect for the role of the Doctor. 

Felicia Day: Many of you may know her as Charlie from Supernatural, and if that is where you know her from you love her. She's also played Mary in Lust For Love, Penelope in Bring It On Again, Vi from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and many others. She basically plays herself, which I find so hilarious and amazing and awesome and wonderful. I know she's the first on this list to be American, but that doesn't mean she's any less qualified to play the Doctor. Felicia is a very funny person and I think those real life qualities would really bring the Doctor to life, if she played the Doctor that is. Felicia definitely has potential, and hopefully others see it too.  

Colin Farrell: Colin Farrell is an Irish actor, known best for portraying Bullseye in Daredevil, Ray from In Bruges, Jerry in Fright Night, and countless others. Colin has a wide range of characters, and could easily fill the role of the Doctor. He can be funny, frightening, depressed, just watch two movies of his and you'll see two completely different characters, and he plays them all brilliant. 

Hugh Grant: Die hard Whovians will know that Hugh Grant was offered the role of the 9th Doctor, but he turned it down (not knowing how big of a success it would go on to be, he regrets it deeply). The role was given to the awesome Christopher Eccleston! Anyway, Hugh Grant is a great comedic actor, known for roles such as Charles in Four Weddings and a Funeral, Edward C. Ferrars in Sense and Sensibility, William Thacker in Notting Hill, Daniel Cleaver in Bridget Jones' Diary, Mr. Waverly in The Man From U.N.C.L.E, and many more. Grant is an esteemed actor, and in my opinion has the range and perfect abilities to play the Doctor.  

Henry Cavill: Any die hard DC comics fans know that this guy plays Superman in the latest re- installments of the Superman series. His film roles include The Hunter in Red Riding Hood, Superman in Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman, Napoleon Solo in The Man From U.N.C.L.E, and many others. Henry is British, but does an American accent in many of his films. In Superman, we see a cold (kinda boring in my opinion) and serious side to Cavill, and in The Man From U.N.C.L.E we see a clever, cocky, hilarious side. All nice traits for the Doctor, in which I think Henry could play very well.   

Martin Freeman: Everyone knows Martin Freeman. One of the most esteemed, accomplished, and talented actors in the business, Martin is one of my favorite people ever. Some of his many many many roles include John from Love Actually, Met. Sergeant in Hot Fuzz, Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit trilogy, Lester Nygard from Fargo, John Watson in Sherlock, and the list goes on. Martin can play anything, and his range is wide and varied. He can play stern, he can play serious, he can play funny, he can play any character brilliantly, and he's one of my favorite people to play the Doctor.  

Part Two of this list coming soon!